Meat Loaf's CRAZY Encounter after the JFK Assassination

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by rcboals, Oct 6, 2021.

1. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    I was in the 9th grade when President Kennedy was assassinated and remember it vividly. Very interesting story and interview with Mike Huckabee. Worth the watch if like me you remember that awful day November 22, 1963.

2. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I do remember where I was---freshman drafting class.
    Sure can't top his story, tho. Not too many people could.

Jeff67 likes this.
  3. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    The assassination was about five years before my time, but that was an awesome story!:)

4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    A couple of years before me but I remember being in Mr. Hughes's class in 9th grade when Regan got shot. He was still president when I joined the Marines.

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I was 5 . I remember my sister getting off the school bus and telling me . My parents were glued to the T.V.
    When Robert was shot . I remember my mother waking up my grandmother and saying " Ma wake up , they shot Bobby ! "

6. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Kennedy's Assassination had an aspect much like 9/11. The entire world was quiet. No wind, no birds chirping, just dead silence. People were in total disbelief, lost, in a daze. It was similar when Bobby Kennedy was murdered, John Lennon, and others. Surreal.

mrfixitmi and new6659 like this.
  7. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    Wow. That's quite a story.

8. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    It was a different time then. You could actually walk up to the front door of the white house and knock on it. As you could just about any elected official in any state. I remember seeing Bobby Kennedy at Gill Coliseum at Oregon State when he was running for President shortly before he was shot in California. I was up in the high seats and a guy in front of me had a fancy camera mounted on a rifle stock for stability and was taking pictures. It was like he was sighting in on Bobby Kennedy like a hunter, I thought how eerie. Can you imagine getting in an event like that now with a rife stock. In high school about 1965 a kid brought his 22 pistol to arts and crafts class so he could make a leather holster. It was no big deal then. Things have certainly changed.

9. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I was a college senior -- and remember it vividly. The entire weekend was unlike anything I had ever experienced in my life. Room mates and I were glued to the radio for days (college kids didn't have TVs back then).

10. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    That is an amazing story.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.