Mécaniques Gretsch G5230T

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by jb59, Nov 21, 2020.

1. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Bonjour à tous,
    Je viens de recevoir ma Gretsch G5230T Bleu aleutian qui est magnifique.
    Au niveau des mécaniques il y a des coulantes de graisse (voyez la photo) j'ai essayé nettoyer mais il y a des pastilles transparentes auto-collantes dessus.
    Faut-il enlever ces pastilles ou il est préférable de les enlever et nettoyer ces coulantes marron ?
    Bon week-end à tous
    JB59
    upload_2020-11-21_9-52-40.jpeg

2. Sean McILwaine

Sean McILwaine Synchromatic

Dec 26, 2012
    London UK
    I've not seen that beofre so can't help. I expect somebody will know the best thing to do.

Good morning all,
    I just received my Gretsch G5230T Aleutian Blue which is magnificent.
    In terms of the mechanics there are grease drips (see the photo) I tried to clean it but there are transparent self-adhesive pads on it.
    Should we remove these tablets or it is better to remove them and clean these brown runners?
    Good weekend to all
    JB59

3. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Get off the adhesives. They are only there for protectiong the chrome surfaces of the tuners during shipping.
    Then you can polish the tuners easily with a piece of soft cloth (or if neccessary with some chrome polish).

ZackyDog and new6659 like this.
  4. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I believe loudnlousy has the correct response for cleaning of the tuners.
    Enjoy your new Gretsch.

5. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    OK merci pour vos réponses je vais m'en occuper

Tele295 likes this.
  6. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Voilà merci beaucoup, tout est parti c'est plus joli comme çà :p

michelb and section2 like this.
  7. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Petite question:
    Sur G5230t toute neuve quand je bascule le switch sur le micro manche le son est plus grave (normal) sur le micro chevalet c'est plus aigu (c'est normal aussi) mais quand je mets le switch sur la position centrale donc les 2 micros en même temps le son est modifié il y un espèce d'effet twang qui vient se rajouter c'est normal ou pas ?

Je pouvais avoir cette modification de sonorité sur ma Burns Hank Marvin en tirant sur le switch.

8. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Translation somebody? I notice on some sites that ask for reviews, there is translation available if you click a link...just a thought I had to go along with the two I had yesterday...I'm slowly building them up.

9. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Bonjour et Bienvenue sur Gretsch-Talk.

Le forum est en anglais, et surtout fréquenté par des gens dont la plupart, s'ils aiment les mêmes guitares que toi, ne comprennent pas le français. J'espère que tu peux écrire en anglais, sinon l'expérience risque d'être un peu frustrante pour toi...

Question from the OP is:
    On my brand new G5230T, if I switch to the neck pickup then the sound is deeper (which is normal), if I switch to the bridge pickup then it's sharper (which is normal) but if I switch to the intermediate position then the sound is modified and there's some kind of additional twang effect. Is that normal?

ZackyDog likes this.
  10. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Thanks JLP. I live in Canada's only official bilingual province and I can't speak French apart from a few words...it's because I'm too old to learn.
    As to the OP's question, yes sounds normal to me depending on what you mean by "twang"

11. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Excuse me I will try to write in English next time, so if I understood correctly that's normal.

12. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Thank you, I have the answer to my question on this video

Henry, ZackyDog and thunder58 like this.
  13. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the guitar

14. G DynaTron

G DynaTron Synchromatic

Dec 7, 2015
    France
    Bienvenue ici on parle en english !!

Welcome aboard !

15. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Me again,
    My G string does not hold the chord even without making a bend and without using Bygsby it goes out of tune very quickly it's disappointing for a new guitar ...
    Which solution ?

16. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

That's usually due to bad nut. Easiest first attempt is to lub it with a graphite pencil.

(C'est un problème commun, souvent dû au sillet. Première chose facile à essayer : le "lubrifier" avec de la mine de crayon à papier)

17. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Thanks for the advice.
    I will try this

18. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    Hello,
    I put some pencil in the nut at the level of the G string but I still have a detuning problem even without playing.
    Is it a problem on the G5230T or is it on all models?

19. Gregor

Gregor Synchromatic

Oct 17, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada
    No, it sounds like an individual problem on your guitars G string. Check how you've got the string wrapped on the peg and be sure to stretch stretch it well. This may help:

Otherwise the nut make need to be cleaned up/reworked.
    No need to be excused, it's just that you'll probably get more responses in English as a lot of us boneheads are stuck in one language. Yes, your pickups sound to be operating normal to me

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 2:49 PM
  20. jb59

jb59 Electromatic

Nov 16, 2020
    France
    I tried to put graphite in the groove of the nut, checked the winding of the string no good result, the other strings move too. This guitar is new I think I send it back to the supplier and ask for a refund, I am very disappointed with my Gretsch experience, it was delivered to me without any document, is that normal?
    I am now thinking of going back to a Stratocaster.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.