Lovepedal Zendrive Thoughts?

MarkLo

Electromatic
Oct 15, 2021
Northern Utah
Greetings to all,

I'm considering purchasing the Lovepedal Zendrive. Lovepedal is building them for $239. I've watched a few videos and really dig the sound you can get with these! I just wanted to see if any others on this forum are using, or have in the past used this pedal, and what your thoughts on it are. Also, what was your experience dealing with Lovepedal?

Thanks, and Merry Christmas and Happy 2022 to all!

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Never dealt with them but i have a few of their pedals, a MKlll fuzz that i absolutely love, had a Mosferatu that was pretty cool too. No problems from the 3 or 4 ive owned.

MarkLo

Electromatic
Oct 15, 2021
Northern Utah
Never dealt with them but i have a few of their pedals, a MKlll fuzz that i absolutely love, had a Mosferatu that was pretty cool too. No problems from the 3 or 4 ive owned.

Thanks for your insights from your experience with them! The price for the Zendrive is a little steep (But much, much cheaper than the original Hermida models!), but I'm thinking this would be a great addition to my pedal board!

Thanks again!

Lucky Jim

Gretschie
Oct 16, 2020
Kent, England
I had one of Alf's originals. Don't know how the Lovepedal version compares. The Zendrive takes a bit of time to dial in because the controls are interactive. When you get it right it nails the D*mble sound. It is a bit of a one trick pony though. I sold mine to buy an Ethos overdrive which also convincingly recreates the D*mble sound but is more adaptable.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I have nothing but sweet words for the Lovepedals I had. Both the Champ and the Deluxe were amazing in what they do.
Actually the Champ through a Twin Reverb Reissue sounded much better than my ‘78 Champ.
I don’t know about the Zendrive, but if the quality standards are the same you’ll be all right with it.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
It is odd that I think Lovepedals' is a great company making A+ quality but do not own one. While I was deciding which one I wanted (Tchula or Zendrive) I discovered I like their whole line but I always found a better deal on a Keeley or Wampler or something else so I never picked one up.

I think the Zendrive is one of the best on the market for exceptional quality and tone. I have to believe you'd love it if you got one. Of course we'd love a "tone report" from you if you get one!

AndreasG

Electromatic
Dec 20, 2021
Italy
Had one for a while. A great pedal but IMO a bit polished and polite. And yes, takes time todial in even if it has just 4 knobs. Used ones pop up regularly around 130-150…