Loudbox Mini for Vocals?

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by DougWheeler74, Aug 2, 2021.

1. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    I am thinking of purchasing a Loudbox Mini amp. I am looking for an amp for small venues for acoustic guitar and vocal. I see lots of reviews about how good they are for guitar but not much on vocal quality.

Anybody here use one for vocals?

2. dmunson

dmunson Gretschie

Dec 19, 2015
    Charlotte, NC
    Above all else, try this out before you put down any cash. My personal experience with any of the Loudbox line has not been very positive.
    If you get the opportunity, you may want to give Fender's Acoustic 100 a try. It will cost you a little more, but it's worlds ahead of what the Loudbox delivers, both for guitar and vocals.

thunder58 likes this.
  3. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    I wasn't all that hot on mine. But they are pretty good little amps. The problem with trying to do vocals is will you put the amp up high so they get out better? But how will that be for guitar?
    I have used my little Alto Trouper for both guitar and vocal. It's a mini vertical column with two imputs. $200 new. Been really good for a couple of years. I now have 2 and use them in the Duo, but I use a mini mixer with it for adjustments; two vocals and one guitar.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...ystem?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

4. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    Sounds intriguing. Have used any pet with it? Thinking just a touch of guitar reverb type of thing.

5. Johnyrocco

Johnyrocco Electromatic

Dec 5, 2017
    USA
    I have used the Fishman Mini for over ten years in my acoustic duo in all kinds of rooms big and small. Running a Martin D 15 thru one channel and vocals on the other. No problems at all.
    A couple of gigs we misjudged the room size and had to push them a little to much but they worked fine. I would never hesitate to get another one if needed.

6. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    pet? I have a small pedalboard with a 7 way modulation pedal.... trem , chorus, rotary, vibrato...

7. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Imo the appeal of the Fishman is that it is a PA in a package convenient for a singer songwriter, 1 guitar and 1 singer, with basic effects so you can travel light. If you have your own effects, preamps, more inputs, etc, and other equipment, I suggest a simpler PA system that would be more powerful and less expensive.

wabash slim likes this.
  8. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US
    Yeah, typo on my part. I meant pedal(s) not pet.

9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    With a small mixer and a powered monitor, you have the ability to add to it as needed. It's the most adaptable set up you can get. Not disparaging the Fishman if it works for you, but it is limited for expansion

10. Plug and play first. Ive met many fishman users that will never give them up, then there’s the rest that dont like the sound. Plug in and crank it if need be. Bot sure if your near any big stores like GC or Sam Ash, they both seem to have a few of these models in their acoustic rooms. Personally i think they make everything you put through them sound the same. The Fishman sound. That with instruments, most of the folks that i have seen use it for an instrument, and not that many for vocals. Not sure why. In a small room, it seems to work, maybe even as a monitor in front of you if you play through a bigger system, but until you hear it for your self you wont know. I’m sure this doesn’t help if you dont have that opportunity.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.