Lost my mom.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by LivingMyDream, Jan 15, 2021.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I dont envy you, and I at the same time I pray for your strength to celebrate your mother's life.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  2. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Synchromatic

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    Sorry for your loss my friend. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

3. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

I certainly understand how rough the holiday must have been for you. As we both know, the grieving just takes time.

4. LivingMyDream

Again, thank you all for your caring and supportive ways.

We got back home Sunday night, and I got to drive back with my son, who flew into Nashville from Denver. He decided to drive back with me from Tennessee and then he flew out of Kansas City to Denver. I helped me a lot to hang out with him.

That said, reading all the posts that have been waiting for my return caused a little bit of moisture to suddenly appear in my eyes. I really do appreciate this Gretsch family, and all your kindness and support. You guys are indeed the best!

mrfixitmi, Ando, TubeLife and 4 others like this.
  5. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Sorry for your loss.
    Sending lately but heartfelt all my sympathy to you and your family.

(Still wonder how I could "like" your initial post, probably just a silly way to express sympathy).

LivingMyDream and Ricochet like this.
  6. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    My sympathies to you and family.

I lost my Father in May 2020 - he was 93 and had a happy life

7. LivingMyDream

It sure is tough to lose our parents, even though they may have lived a long life. My mother lost my dad back in 1998, and missed him every day since then, so her time of missing him has ended. We can be grateful for their presence in our lives, and realize that there are many who are not so fortunate.

manunk and Waxhead like this.
  8. BarryMClark

BarryMClark Country Gent

Apr 4, 2011
    Atlanta
    I'm so very sorry. The support I've received recently on these forums while grieving has truly been wonderful. My thoughts are absolutely with you. What I've walked away with this past year having lost my father and nephew is there are lots of firsts coming. Each of those firsts get easier as they come. You're always remembering but the remembering brings on sadness slower and slower. My best to you and yours.

9. Butch Ammon

Butch Ammon Gretschie

Jan 3, 2016
    Richmond, VA
    Oh man, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. It's always tough losing a parent. Both of mine are gone (Dad - 2002, age 80. Mom - 2019, age 95).

10. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    If you needed any validation of the type of Father you have been, you have your answer. In your time of need, your son acknowledged your pain and decided to spend more time with you. That is every parent's dream to raise children that can realize where and when they are needed, and take action.
    I am sure your Mother raised you the same way, this proves that you are a great Father and have a wonderful son.

11. mschafft

mschafft Synchromatic

Jan 19, 2017
    Switzerland
    Condolences to you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.