Looking for recommendations for an inexpensive delay pedal

tmcq65

Gretschie
Nov 10, 2021
Eastern Tennessee
I have the TC Prophet. I like it a lot. It is a large pedal, if that's important to you...I just play at home and have a modest board so it's not a big deal to me.

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
I’ve got a cheapo Garagetone Axle Grease that is permanently on my board. Nothing compares to it. I’m about to buy a Deco and I’ve got 2 other delays but that Axle Grease does something no other pedal can come close to.

Edit to add the following:

What I like about this delay pedal is the sound of the repeat. It's a unique degradation that gets a little bit crunchy in the best of ways. I don't know what's out there for samples but I used it on the baritone (center panned main guitar sound) in the song below ...

hey - great song!

oneforsorrow

Country Gent
May 15, 2020
Iowa
i love those moments. what’s the bari? i lust after a 27.5” 5420…
It's a Dano re-issue. I lust after a Jerry Jones but the Dano is a fraction of the price AND as far as I can tell, the inspiration. It's 29.75" and I keep it tuned to B standard -- sometimes down to B flat for recording.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
So I ended up picking up a Fender Hammertone Space Delay Pedal, my usual guitar shop didn't have the Nux Tape core but had the hammertone for the same price. So far I'm liking it :)

Glad to hear. It’s always a bonus when you you walk in, try and buy. All while supporting the local shops. Enjoy!

Maguchi

Gretschie
Aug 11, 2022
Lalaland
Was wondering if anybody has any recommendations for a decent delay pedal that is inexpensive. I have my eye on the Boss RE-2 Space Echo Delay Pedal ... but I'm looking for a less expensive pedal to play with while I save up for it.
Used Boss DD-3, DD-5, DD-6 and DD-7 delay pedals between $45-$90.

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
It's a Dano re-issue. I lust after a Jerry Jones but the Dano is a fraction of the price AND as far as I can tell, the inspiration. It's 29.75" and I keep it tuned to B standard -- sometimes down to B flat for recording.
good luck with the jj - i would think about talking with eman, personally.

those danos are fun. i lust after one of their dead on 67 bari’s…

S.R.Cash

Gretschie
Aug 29, 2019
Ontario, Canada
A Fab Echo and a DD3 is really all ya need for pretty well anything. As long as they have trimmable pots, having a chorus and a room reverb makes the DD3 do anything the expensive delays do.
. . . . . .
That said, I got both the new Hammertone Fender Delay's, actually terrific little units.

Latest posts