Look what I " found " and it came with a jack plate !... but no case

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by thunder58, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Cool find! Do you plan to donate it?

thunder58 likes this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Right now .... don't think so . Is really not a bad little guitar

T Bone, JeffreyLeePierre and Henry like this.
  3. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Synchromatic

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    lol dumpster finds are the best finds.

thunder58 likes this.
  4. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    @thunder58 -- I am so offended by the "[email protected]$$" word... :p. Please edit your pics to be more tasteful... actually, come to think of it, I'm probably more offended by Kid Rock's name smeared across the front...

[​IMG]

thunder58 and new6659 like this.
  5. Jackrd

Jackrd Electromatic

Nov 27, 2017
    New York NY
    I cannot understand why anyone would throw away an instrument be it a guitar, accordion, flute, whatever. Music is the universal language and every musical instrument has its place in this 'language'. If anything, donate it to a school, local recreation center, whatever. But throwing away any instrument is sacrilege! JMHO. I am glad that Thunder 58 is saving them and getting them back into the hands that can use them.

T Bone and thunder58 like this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Thank you neighbor ( I'm in Rockland County )

Jackrd likes this.
  7. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    ... in case one doesn't like Kid Rock, and not only not likes him, but truly hates him ... which I wouldn't understand - I don't like him, and I want that to result in the lack of interest in him and his doing, ... so it does ... to hate him, he's not important enough ... uh, well, it may be seen as a valid reason.

... throwing it away, of course, never is a solution that should be applied to an intact musical instrument, regardless of any else.

That, I think is a good thing!

+

one day in the summer of 1995, I found a classmate in a trash container. High as a kite (we both were in 6th grade then ... some things might have happened a bit too early, ...), he had gone in there because there was shadow.

I haven't taken him out, but would have loved if he hadn't left the container either, but would have been ... processed, like it happens in cartoons - sawn in half, salt poured on him, fried, cooked, fried again, replacement parts taken out, that kind of thing ... actually, he is the only person I'd only consider useful for anything if he had an organ donor's card with him. Otherwise - the less he is, the better. Asleep, he's the nicest he can get. I'd advise to apply general anaesthesia and wait till he turns 100.

8. JustNorm

JustNorm Electromatic

Mar 25, 2017
    Alberta
    I have a Univox LP. I got mine at Bestbuy in Canada. It is a good player and I have used it to gig. This reminds me of that guitar. As for the paint I think it's great and might even turn into a classic. For all the people that hate Kid Rock there are more that like him or he wouldn't have sold the numbers he did. And Jim Beam is highly regarded. I say don't change a thing other than a fret level and good setup as someone has already suggested. Same pickups and Volume controls that were on mine. My Univox was damaged in shipping and the rocker switch for the pickups had popped off. I think I got it for $50 cdn which is like twenty two cents US. (kidding) Nice Find.

T Bone likes this.
  9. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Then congratulations on that lately decided NGD thread :D

thunder58 likes this.
  10. Bigsbyguy

Bigsbyguy Electromatic

Jan 25, 2009
    New Mexico
    I'd guess it's an Epiphone. I've got a similar LP Jr style with the Epiphone name on the h.s. It's got the Tito's Handmade logo and Tito's signature, encouraging me to "Rock On!" It was a door prize at a fund raising function.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.