Logo-less No More!

Discussion in 'Ampage Area' started by Brian Krashpad, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    A couple weeks back an internet bud of mine posted his cab that he ordered a script logo for, on a facebook group. Never one to not steal a good idea, I took him up on his kind offer, and got the seller's info from him as well.

I've had a couple logo-less cabs for a very long time. One is a Risson 4x12 cab with no logo. I tried contacting Bob Rissi, at Risson, to get a proper replacement logo quite awhile ago, but got no response.

So, thanks to my friend, I ordered this silly Krashpad-Marshall mashup logo instead! Here is one on my DIY 2x12 (a Crate combo with the amp yanked), haha. Not yet permanently affixed, just playing around for now.

[​IMG]

2. Back in Black

Back in Black Country Gent

Jun 22, 2020
    Ontario Canada
    sanford 2.jpg

Brian Krashpad likes this.
  3. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    I like it!

4. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Henry and blueruins like this.
  5. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

Reminds me of a friend's amp he built, a lower wattage Marshall combo. He affixed a Marshall badge to it, but the badge was missing the last two letters, making her a Marsha.

MrWookiee and Brian Krashpad like this.
  6. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    [​IMG]

gtttrrr, MrWookiee, ishtar and 4 others like this.
  7. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Loving that whole signal chain...I assume that’s a black and white pic?

8. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Thanks, yes, I filtered it to B/W.

blueruins likes this.
  9. Landshark2020

Landshark2020 Gretschie

Sep 4, 2020
    Mind naming the website you bought it from? I need a Marshall logo for my cabinet

10. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    GlenP likes this.
  11. Landshark2020

Landshark2020 Gretschie

Sep 4, 2020
  12. CBHScott

CBHScott Electromatic

Feb 13, 2015
    Central OH
  13. ishtar

ishtar Country Gent

[​IMG]

14. GAMBLER1234

GAMBLER1234 Gretschie

Jan 18, 2018
    Henderson Nevada
    Call me a cheapskate but since my options were either a $150 MFD off brand cab with my choice of speaker or a $500 MFD Mesa cab I just couldn't see any reason why cheap but just as good shouldn't match my combo amp. Same thing with the Super Camp XD next to it.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  15. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Those look great! I just got back my '66 Super from being re-furbished. It had been "dual-cabbed" (i.e., cut in half, haha) by a prior owner. When I got it in the '90s, the grilles were OK, but there were no logos on either cab. I long ago got a Fender replacement logo for the top cab, but never bothered doing so for the lower.

After quite a few years of hard gigging as my main band main rig, I had shredded the grilles on both cabs, and the poor thing looked like this, for quite awhile (since I have a ton of amps, I basically just semi-retired her), somewhat shamefully. But it did look pretty punk rock:

[​IMG]

Here she is nowadays after the re-furb:

[​IMG]

The question for all y'all: should I put a second Fender logo on the bottom cab too? One advantage to not doing so (besides the obvious financial one of cheaping out) is that by leaving it logo-less, it would look arguably less awkward, should I decide to use it vertically with a mini "lunchbox" size head (specifically, my Sovtek "Tube Midget" MiG50H). Or would the sideways Fender logo have its own weird appeal?

What say thee, Gretsch-friends?

16. GAMBLER1234

GAMBLER1234 Gretschie

Jan 18, 2018
    Henderson Nevada
    ^^Beautiful amp. What a resurrection! If it were me I'd add the logo, take off the existing handle, put handles on the sides and run the Tube Midget with the cab horizontal.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  17. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Ta, the funny thing is, I'm blessed/fortunate to have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to cab/amp combinations. Most typically, I've paired the Sovtek Tube Midget with an unbadged Risson 4x12:

[​IMG]

But I've also paired it with a vintage '69 Kustom 1x15 ported vertical cab (seen here upside down, because I brought the wrong length speaker connexion cable):

[​IMG]

In addition to the horizontal Fender 2x1o posted as the lower extension cab above (the speakers are late '60s, or early '70s, Sunn Magna 108s, one looks different due to a recone). I also have a second open-back cab, but a 2x12, that I made with a couple Celestions and an empty Crate combo cab. That 2x12 is currently logo-less but for sure on that'un, I will be adding a custom (haha!) Krashpad-Marshall mashup logo (I also got one of those custom logos for the unbadged Risson 4x12):

[​IMG]

First world "problems!"

18. GAMBLER1234

GAMBLER1234 Gretschie

Jan 18, 2018
    Henderson Nevada
    ^^ I remember those Kustom padded rigs from back in the day. Very cool.

19. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Gretschie

Dec 29, 2020
    GNV FLA USA
    Thanks, I have the matching Kustom 100 head as well. Those were my main/only gigging rig throughout the '80s. I even used it for bass (carefully!) when I switched over to that for a time c. 1990.

[​IMG]

GAMBLER1234 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.