locking tuners for G5120

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
where di dyou get teh head truss rod cover G5120?
I had purchased a few ( 4 ) blank truss rod covers and brought them to a local trophy shop . Good thing I had 4 . He had a machine that would burn in the numbers and it took him a few times as he burned right through a few before the 4th one ....... but theres a few places if you search the net that sell some custom ones that are pretty cool . I actually was a little disapointed in the size of the numbers as i wanted more like a Gibson " 335 " size . Heres a few links for ya ......

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
@awilson69 ...BTW I modded my 5120 a lot
Jack Plate
TV Jones Classic neck & bridge
TV Jones harness
Locking Tuners
Truss rod cover
Always had a silver and grey pick guard I would change out every so ofter ( felt like a new guitar )
V- cut Bigsby with Duane Eddie handle
Rocking Bar Bridge
Strap Locks

IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG

Cannondragger

Electromatic
Jul 21, 2022
Carroll County, Mississippi
@awilson69 ...BTW I modded my 5120 a lot
Jack Plate
TV Jones Classic neck & bridge
TV Jones harness
Locking Tuners
Truss rod cover
Always had a silver and grey pick guard I would change out every so ofter ( felt like a new guitar )
V- cut Bigsby with Duane Eddie handle
Rocking Bar Bridge
Strap Locks

View attachment 195803 View attachment 195804
View attachment 195805
May I ask, how do you like the TV Jones Classics? I just bought a G5120, 2006 model but it had never been setup, it still had the packing foam under the bridge. I have had it set up and she is sweet to play. I would like to get more of the "Rockabilly" sound. What would you say?

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
May I ask, how do you like the TV Jones Classics? I just bought a G5120, 2006 model but it had never been setup, it still had the packing foam under the bridge. I have had it set up and she is sweet to play. I would like to get more of the "Rockabilly" sound. What would you say?
Actually on that 5120 ....... they were a little " muddy " . And I no longer own that guitar

capnhiho

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2013
California
where di dyou get teh head truss rod cover G5120?
I’ve had several custom truss rod covers cut and engraved at a local trophy shop. I simply brought my original in as a pattern, chose the color(s) of material, and the font and design I wanted. Came back the following week and paid about $14-$15 each. Here’s one I had made for Joan, my Double Jet:
1670304940160.jpeg