Locking Strap Screws.

Discussion in 'Electromatic Gretsch Forum' started by rspiegl, Mar 12, 2012.

1. rspiegl

rspiegl Electromatic

Aug 23, 2011
    Phoenix
    I am getting tired of unscrewing the knurled knob to strap up.

Anybody have any recommendations on locking strap screw replacements for a hollow Gretsch? My Les Paul has some Duplops I was wondering if they made a set for a thin leather Gretsch strap. If not I'll just get a wide strap.

2. freespoken

freespoken Gretschie

Jul 31, 2011
    New Mexico
    ditto on the schaller straplocks....seem to work nicely on my Gretsch and Strat

3. G-Whiz

G-Whiz Country Gent

Dec 30, 2011
    Virginia
    What would you all recommend for one with a Bigsby hinge in the way?

4. Geosh

Geosh Synchromatic

Mar 17, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    I put mine right over top of the Bigsby hinge. Worked great.

5. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    Why do you take your strap off?

6. nickyboy

nickyboy Synchromatic

Jan 10, 2011
    South Wales, UK
    schallers for me too.

They've become standard issue on all my guitars - which means my straps are interchangable:)

7. HooDooPhonix

HooDooPhonix Electromatic

Feb 13, 2012
    I like dunlops they have the release button, and can be used without the locks

8. ReverberatingDream

ReverberatingDream Gretschie

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    I don't know about everyone else but my case won't shut with the strap left on the guitar. At least, it won't without a good sized crack in the guitar.

I'll be switching mine to Schallers too. The Gretsch knobs look great but are annoying to take on/off.
    I love Schallers. Fool proof ;)

9. Scottishblue13

Scottishblue13 Gretschie

May 14, 2011
    Scotland
    Really? I strap and unstrap both my gretschs without unscrewing the strap buttons. Different straps and it's no prob with either. They are not that bigger diameter from standard buttons so don't really understand why you are having a problem.

10. ReverberatingDream

ReverberatingDream Gretschie

May 14, 2011
    Canada
    Probably because I have a double-thick leather strap. It's a very snug fit just to get it on "normal" strap buttons. I guess if I used a nylon strap I could probably leave it on the guitar in the case. Dunno.

11. Scottishblue13

Scottishblue13 Gretschie

May 14, 2011
    Scotland
    Fair nuff. It's a leather strap and a fake leather strap I use but just standard thickness.

12. Opart68

Opart68 Gretschie

Feb 14, 2011
    Australia
    I was gonna say that too.

13. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    Mine, either.

14. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    Most of my guitars can't be put in the case with their strap on.... huh... huhuh...huhuhuuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh... strap on...

but yeah, they dont' fit right. Actually, with the Schaller knob on the bottom of my Falcon pulled the soft lining of the OEM guitar case. Come to think of it, i almost have to horseshoe my Falcon into its case. Its a very tight fit.

15. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
    If you use a chemically tanned strap it can bleed on to your instrument partically the binding if you leave it on in the case.
    I just bought my first set of strap locks, Schaller StrapLocks. I put them on a very rare
    PRS goldtop. Over the years I have taken Dunlops off on many, many guitars and just junked them. I have seen one shattered finish on a goldtop and I am too old to bot have locks on one. I do like the screw on holders on my Gretches.

16. HooDooPhonix

HooDooPhonix Electromatic

Feb 13, 2012
    Why don't you like dunlops they release easy, and leave a strap hook so you can stick any strap on?

17. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.