Let's see your straps on your London Grey Gretsches!

Jim85IROC

Electromatic
May 16, 2022
Vermont
I just picked up a like-new G5222 in London Grey and I'm trying to decide what I want for a strap. I had this really cheap red jacquard strap hanging around from a guitar that I bought and flipped, so I threw it on and I decided that I REALLY like it, so I'm going to rock it for now, but I want to see what else is out there. A higher quality strap with the same pattern as this cheap guy would be great, but I also want to see what else you guys are using on these Grey Gretsches.

52083224125_835659c2b9_c.jpg

52083223820_1127f80393_c.jpg

Last edited:

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
Why do they call it 'London Grey'?
The days of old foggy London Town are long gone.
We're not still in Mary Poppins times you know!
When I was stationed in England decades ago, they were steam cleaning the Houses of Parliament to get the decades of coal smoke and pigeon crap off of the building facades. There were ongoing coal miners' strikes as well. The skies had to be much clearer than they were back in the '50s and before. The fog just made it hard to see the staining on the buildings.

Worst fog I ever saw was in Kansas. Go figure.

As to the guitar straps----any color (colour for you folks across the pond) would do. Grey is as neutral as it gets. It's much harder to get a match with an orange guitar.

Jelly Roll Horton

Country Gent
Nov 10, 2017
Portland, OR
I just picked up a like-new G5222 in London Grey and I'm trying to decide what I want for a strap. I had this really cheap red jacquard strap hanging around from a guitar that I bought and flipped, so I threw it on and I decided that I REALLY like it, so I'm going to rock it for now, but I want to see what else is out there. A higher quality strap with the same pattern as this cheap guy would be great, but I also want to see what else you guys are using on these Grey Gretsches.

52083224125_835659c2b9_c.jpg

52083223820_1127f80393_c.jpg

Latest posts