Let’s see your favorite guitar case

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    You mean like this, Rich?

100_0064.JPG 100_0063.JPG

This is the case for my Epi Genesis Reissue from several years ago. This one is pretty much case- specific. Even a Jet case won't fit- the lower bout fits just fine, but the horns are just different enough it won't fit. It was tough to track one down, too. I finally had to special- order one.

2. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Love those Nighthawks! This is my long- term, on- going project. The Epi parts are tough to find, so this has a gold Gibson bridge with GraphTech saddles, gold Grovers, and the original Rio Grande Nightbird slanted humbucker (I provided him with the Epi pickup he modeled it after). It's gonna get one of the Rio Grande babybuckers I have in the neck, and when I can spare the cash, he's gonna make me a single- coil for the middle. Hopefully, one day I'll find a rear cover for it. Then, just gotta find someone more skilled with wiring to wire it up- 5 way switch, a push/ pull pot, two humbuckers, and one single- coil... Kinda gives me a headache just thinking about it.:confused:

100_0065.JPG

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  3. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    This one houses my '36 National 20200801_131603-1.jpg

4. hcsterg

hcsterg Country Gent

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Let’s see your favorite guitar case

Like my guitars : all favorites... :)

[​IMG]

A+!

5. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I only use cases to store my guitars or to take them out to gigs, travel or move. It’s important to have good protection for that stuff

Merc likes this.
  6. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

What are the yellow ones? They look like luxury luggage.

Merc likes this.
  7. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    This question does work with the same answer Joe Montana gave when asked who his favorite receiver was, he said, “ the one that’s open”:D

SAguitar, Telechamp and Merc like this.
  8. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That little one on the bottom reminds me of a sample that a traveling salesman would use to sell cases. What’s in it?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  9. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

They're great guitars!

Merc and Jeff67 like this.
  10. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Absolutely no guitar case here, my 5 guitars are condemned to be played or get dusty.
    Only a few gig bags.

bhatta likes this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I like coffin cases for my strat and Minarick. I dream of owning a calton case for my mandolin. A7DC2572-C6C0-4B50-8A13-D5C34338AD40.jpeg 00A5DB36-5CF0-405F-BBC7-0D104F805065.jpeg

12. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    See I didn’t even know they reissued the Genesis...
    Came close getting an original a few times. Are the RIs weighty like the old ones?

Jeff67 and Merc like this.
  13. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I need this G6238 case for my G5230T Pro Jet:

upload_2020-8-2_3-37-59.png

LivingMyDream, mrfixitmi and Merc like this.
  14. Randy99CL

Randy99CL Synchromatic

Feb 17, 2020
    Albuquerque
    This is my latest favorite. Looks cool, is really well made with thick padding, is rugged and really cradles the guitar. Only problem is that it costs between $1000 and $1200.
    Gibson Soft Case.jpg
    But it comes with a free guitar!!!
    jlmssw6vsr555esi78e0.jpg
    Gibson_Tribute_Soft Case.jpg
    LP studio tribute 3 Iced Tea 1.jpg

LivingMyDream, Telechamp and ZackyDog like this.
  15. stiv

stiv Country Gent

Sep 12, 2014
    Florence, Italy
    D469FF6F-E6DA-4A58-BB9E-4BB7AEBB4C82.jpeg
    This is the first case I bought. It was the case of my first electric guitar (a cheap MIJ Les Paul copy) and it’s been with me ever since the mid 80s. It’s a cheapo all-shapes electrics. When I bought it used it had only one sticker. Then she travelled with me all over the places I played (Europe, US) and hosted more guitars than some guitar shops I visited.
    My electrics will come and go, but she will stay forever. There’s a part of my life in any of those stickers that worth more than any other stuff I own.
    At the moment she hosts my Old Lady.
    8B3D688A-CD3E-416F-8C3D-49181CE177E7.jpeg

16. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    My Coffin Case is my favorite. It is not as heavy as my other flightcases but sturdy enough. And it looks cool:
    IMG_2950.jpg IMG_2951(1).jpg

17. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Mine is heavy! I also have the coffin shaped one I jammed the Minarick into. It is so long that the head stock impacts the top end of the case. It was the only case I found that would fit it though so I travel with it very carefully. I need to build a case do it and then I could put my other strat in it.

loudnlousy likes this.
  18. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I owned a white Calton case for my custom F5G when I had it. Got it on a big sale at the time because the inside was bright orange and I think wasn’t selling. An absolutely beautifully made case though.

Bertotti likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.