Lego Fender

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Oct 9, 2021.

1. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    MrWookiee and Merc like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 3.41.55 AM.png

MrWookiee and Merc like this.
  3. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Haha ha…. It’s like a right of passage for a parent.

4. Lego real spring reverb tank.

Attached Files:

Merc likes this.
  5. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’m impressed they put a spring even though it’s not visible after. Talk about some nice attention to detail. :)

6. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    81D13D20-ACC8-4645-AE84-A8D511AA34AC.jpeg

This is the set I picked up recently. 2012 Monster Fighters 10228. Probably the best looking haunted house IMO. Next year I’m going to add a light kit to it as well and build a great spooky Halloween display. Check out this kit with sound…

The only thing bad about these old Lego sets that use that reddish brown brick is that color tends to get brittle and break. Lego finally acknowledged it in 2018 and will replace the pieces that are made better. I’m reaching out to them now. I read a few posts in forums where they have been able to get the entire color replaced except for the shutters and boarded window because they don’t currently make them. Wish me luck!

MrWookiee likes this.
  7. My son built a few Star Wars sets. The falcon and another large ship had so many details inside that you would almost never see again after completing. Almost makes you want to have clear legos for the outside.

Merc likes this.
  8. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    We dont have carpet so stepping on them in hall w hard floors at night is extra suffering as the pain shoots through your foot AND you slip sideways and fall. That era is long past but the memories are sharp!

Merc and MrWookiee like this.
  9. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Lego has an amazing replacement policy. I accidentally lost a tiny piece of my son's and went online to find a replacement. I filled out a form and the piece arrived less than a week later at no charge.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/missing/location

Merc likes this.
  10. Build that piano in Thin Mints & Oreos then you’ve got something.

Merc and MrWookiee like this.
  11. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    They have been good in the past. I’m working on getting every piece they remake in that reddish brown replaced. Any Lego that has that color between 2012 to maybe 2018 will likely crack. They acknowledged it and offered replacement in 2018. I’ve already cracked four and broke one so far! The smaller and thinner pieces seem to be the worst. A nightmarish of a set to build but the best looking haunted house set IMO. Well worth the headache once I get the new pieces.

Here’s examples of my cracks.

Attached Files:

12. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
  13. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    And a new strat with a smaller headstock.

freddyfingers and Merc like this.
  14. Complete. Very little cussing today. A few spare parts, just like when i fix cars! Floor pedal and speaker is not connected.

Attached Files:

Henry and Merc like this.
  15. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It looks great and like fun. Ha ha… I always end up with a few extra too. What was your favorite part to build?

16. Over all it was fun. As i did it over a few days, it was an equal amount of enjoyment.

Merc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.