Lego Fender

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Let’s see that typewriter once you’re finished. :)

2. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Those big sets would get you way more than selling bagged in pieces. You just have to make the time to piece them back together. Depending on your kids age, you could offer them half of the sale of ones they can complete. That can be lots of work once mixed.

I’m buying more but am going to slowly build up a Halloween collection. That way I can put together a display every year. My sons got his. I think he’s finally understanding the importance of not mixing up the sets. Wish us luck he keeps it that way.

freddyfingers likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It really is relaxing and fun. Maybe I should make a separate Lego thread for all to post pictures of builds they or their kids do. In the meantime… like guitars, pictures please. That Shelby looks cool.

stevo likes this.
  4. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    That store would likely tempt me too much. I’d likely wind up sleeping in the guest room some how.:eek:

5. Out for delivery! I also have a Noctourne pedal on its way. Hard to tell which i am more excited over.

MrWookiee and Merc like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Sweet! Post a pic once your finished.

I just picked up a used Monster Fighters Haunted House. I plan to build up a great Halloween display over the coming years and add a lighting kit.

Which Nocturne did you order?

7. Jr Barnyard. It as well as the lego are sitting waiting for me to do something, except my family has other plans for my time. I always thought lego came first.

Merc likes this.
  8. And so it begins. It comes with a manual thats a quarter inch thick. Its going to rain here all afternoon, so will give it a start. The downside is that when i say i would like to buy a Princeton reverb, my wife will tell me i already have this.

Attached Files:

Wozob and Merc like this.
  9. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Was Lego Fender Leo’s Twin Brother?:D

Merc likes this.
  10. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Sweet! Congrats on both. Sounds like perfect Lego weather too. :)

I’m sure your ears will work just fine for setting the Jr Barnyard. Tavo did a post this week on two settings you can try. I tend to favor the L7 and Guitar. Although I run mine on Wooly at times with Guitar and the Blend around 6-7. Enjoy both Lego build and the JR B. :)

6D1195C4-EA96-4840-9E34-5045BBE749E6.png

11. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Haha…

MrWookiee and Archtops like this.
  12. Still,have to put an amp together.

Attached Files:

Wozob and Merc like this.
  13. Next week.

Attached Files:

Merc likes this.
  14. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    How do the plastic strings go into the tuning keys… a Lego with a hole?

15. They are attached to little round lego pieces. The strings lining up was tricky. Without a nut they tend to slide a bit.

16. Wozob

Wozob Country Gent

Jul 6, 2014
    The Netherlands
    I think I want this set for in my music room.

17. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    It's really cool that Lego makes kits to build specific things, because you get bespoke pieces that you couldn't otherwise buy. On the down side, it tends to stifle creativity because you sit down to build whatever the kit is for, exactly the way the designers intended. <old man voice> When I was a kid I (sometimes we) sat down with a pile of bricks/logs/pieces and built whatever I could imagine, until I ran out of parts. </old man voice> It stimulated all kinds of different pathways in my brain - designing, problem-solving, spatial skills, etc.

new6659 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.