Lego Fender

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
I have about two big plastic storage bins in my basement full of legos that I pour chased for my children , and they no longer have interest in. Some were expensive Star Wars ships, others were just expensive other kits. I spent a few days separating them by color and size. The goal was to sell them off. But i looked on eBay, and it looks like there are people that sell lego all the time. There’s are sorted much better than mine. After a few days I just put things of similar style into the same bag just to end the project. But once i saw people sell them online i held back, thinking if I could get a few bucks for mine i would, but i dont have a eBay account, and dont want one. Yet i sit here seriously considering buying more.

Those big sets would get you way more than selling bagged in pieces. You just have to make the time to piece them back together. Depending on your kids age, you could offer them half of the sale of ones they can complete. That can be lots of work once mixed.

I’m buying more but am going to slowly build up a Halloween collection. That way I can put together a display every year. My sons got his. I think he’s finally understanding the importance of not mixing up the sets. Wish us luck he keeps it that way.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
This is just cool as heck. Putting those advanced kits together is relaxing and fun.

I have a Shelby GT350 that I work on in "chapters". They really have some amazing designers there at Lego - amazing kits.

It really is relaxing and fun. Maybe I should make a separate Lego thread for all to post pictures of builds they or their kids do. In the meantime… like guitars, pictures please. That Shelby looks cool.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
We have a store nearby that resells and buys Lego kits. I have been tempted to gather some of our old kits and try to resell them, but when I go into that store I find more kits that I want to buy!

there are a few YouTube videos out there where folks have built actual guitar bodies from Lego bricks and clear epoxy. Probably pretty heavy, I would guess.

That store would likely tempt me too much. I’d likely wind up sleeping in the guest room some how.:eek:

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Out for delivery! I also have a Noctourne pedal on its way. Hard to tell which i am more excited over.

Sweet! Post a pic once your finished.

I just picked up a used Monster Fighters Haunted House. I plan to build up a great Halloween display over the coming years and add a lighting kit.

Which Nocturne did you order?

freddyfingers

Gretschified
Sweet! Post a pic once your finished.

I just picked up a used Monster Fighters Haunted House. I plan to build up a great Halloween display over the coming years and add a lighting kit.

Which Nocturne did you order?

Jr Barnyard. It as well as the lego are sitting waiting for me to do something, except my family has other plans for my time. I always thought lego came first.

freddyfingers

Gretschified
And so it begins. It comes with a manual thats a quarter inch thick. Its going to rain here all afternoon, so will give it a start. The downside is that when i say i would like to buy a Princeton reverb, my wife will tell me i already have this.

Attachments

• 9EE60256-EAEE-4B59-88F9-6A6292CCCDC0.jpeg
    9EE60256-EAEE-4B59-88F9-6A6292CCCDC0.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 692FB59D-A00C-4B80-A5C1-E553BF9CC0E6.jpeg
    692FB59D-A00C-4B80-A5C1-E553BF9CC0E6.jpeg
    222 KB · Views: 11

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Jr Barnyard. It as well as the lego are sitting waiting for me to do something, except my family has other plans for my time. I always thought lego came first.

Sweet! Congrats on both. Sounds like perfect Lego weather too. :)

I’m sure your ears will work just fine for setting the Jr Barnyard. Tavo did a post this week on two settings you can try. I tend to favor the L7 and Guitar. Although I run mine on Wooly at times with Guitar and the Blend around 6-7. Enjoy both Lego build and the JR B. :)

6D1195C4-EA96-4840-9E34-5045BBE749E6.png

MrWookiee

Country Gent
Jun 17, 2020
SoCal, USA
It's really cool that Lego makes kits to build specific things, because you get bespoke pieces that you couldn't otherwise buy. On the down side, it tends to stifle creativity because you sit down to build whatever the kit is for, exactly the way the designers intended. <old man voice> When I was a kid I (sometimes we) sat down with a pile of bricks/logs/pieces and built whatever I could imagine, until I ran out of parts. </old man voice> It stimulated all kinds of different pathways in my brain - designing, problem-solving, spatial skills, etc.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
It's really cool that Lego makes kits to build specific things, because you get bespoke pieces that you couldn't otherwise buy. On the down side, it tends to stifle creativity because you sit down to build whatever the kit is for, exactly the way the designers intended. <old man voice> When I was a kid I (sometimes we) sat down with a pile of bricks/logs/pieces and built whatever I could imagine, until I ran out of parts. </old man voice> It stimulated all kinds of different pathways in my brain - designing, problem-solving, spatial skills, etc.

I get it. At first I wasn’t crazy about what I call a designer Lego set for kids. But as I watched my five year old… I realized it teaches them to be able to follow instructions and also builds confidence. He builds some sets for age 8 and older by himself with very little help. But I did get him a few non designer sets to fool around on.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
aExxVnM_460s.jpg

Latest posts