Lego Fender

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    JeffreyLeePierre, Henry and GlenP like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    For those who don’t like clicking links…

236DBBAA-9D63-4F8F-8936-3176B5A22A22.png D860E7F3-01AB-4B43-943C-623CB795B449.png 7096B32D-0134-4605-89F8-84B07442F881.png

3. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    A bit pricey but super cool.

wabash slim and Merc like this.
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Cool. Makes sense as partscasters are kinda the lego of guitars.

Merc likes this.
  5. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I thought the same. I’d imagine there is a licensing fee that goes to Fender as well. Not as pricey as the piano which now goes for $349. It was executed better.

F2214D6B-3879-41A0-89F3-5E03EE601088.jpeg

But for some reason not as cool as the Nintendo which screen actually moves and played Super Mario music.

2575308A-D41E-4BBA-A1A9-7C84162E98B1.jpeg

Most don’t realize the Lego market. A lot of discontinued sets can go double and more.

JeffreyLeePierre, stevo and Archtops like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    lol… true that.

7. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    At $100 for 1047 pieces this is pretty consistent with their other sets. Of course, many of those use licensed marks as well. I would guess they pay Fender less than they pay someone like Disney.

Merc likes this.
  8. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    All Lego is pricey---and cool.

Merc, Henry and Archtops like this.
  9. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

What ever happened to Lincoln Logs?

Merc and GlenP like this.
  10. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Still around. They were invented by Frank Lloyd Wright's son. Not too easy to find, tho.
    Erector sets (Mechano for you British types), Tinker Toys, and K-Nex were also fun.

Merc likes this.
  11. ampe

ampe Country Gent

May 11, 2011
    belgium
    i became a lego fan recently, i'm building the typewriter at the moment, but i'm not sold on the Fender.

Merc likes this.
  12. Lego Rolling Stones are available as well.

Archtops and Merc like this.
  13. Adding to cart. Or should i wait, as my family never has a clue for what they should get me for birthday or any day for that matter.

Merc and radd like this.
  14. THISISDINOSAUR

THISISDINOSAUR Electromatic

Oct 21, 2019
    London
    I don’t care for the guitar really (it should be a hollow body Gretsch!), but I love the amp. Those little components are great.

Merc likes this.
  15. I have about two big plastic storage bins in my basement full of legos that I pour chased for my children , and they no longer have interest in. Some were expensive Star Wars ships, others were just expensive other kits. I spent a few days separating them by color and size. The goal was to sell them off. But i looked on eBay, and it looks like there are people that sell lego all the time. There’s are sorted much better than mine. After a few days I just put things of similar style into the same bag just to end the project. But once i saw people sell them online i held back, thinking if I could get a few bucks for mine i would, but i dont have a eBay account, and dont want one. Yet i sit here seriously considering buying more.

16. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    This is just cool as heck. Putting those advanced kits together is relaxing and fun.

I have a Shelby GT350 that I work on in "chapters". They really have some amazing designers there at Lego - amazing kits.

Merc likes this.
  17. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    We have a store nearby that resells and buys Lego kits. I have been tempted to gather some of our old kits and try to resell them, but when I go into that store I find more kits that I want to buy!

there are a few YouTube videos out there where folks have built actual guitar bodies from Lego bricks and clear epoxy. Probably pretty heavy, I would guess.

Merc likes this.
  18. Shadowy_Man

Shadowy_Man Gretschie

May 18, 2020
    Chicago
    That's cute. I bet with a bit of fiddling you could turn that into a Lego Telecaster

Merc likes this.
  19. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I didn’t consider the quantity of pieces on this one. But you’re likely right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.