Lego Fender

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
A bit pricey but super cool.

I thought the same. I’d imagine there is a licensing fee that goes to Fender as well. Not as pricey as the piano which now goes for $349. It was executed better.

F2214D6B-3879-41A0-89F3-5E03EE601088.jpeg

But for some reason not as cool as the Nintendo which screen actually moves and played Super Mario music.

2575308A-D41E-4BBA-A1A9-7C84162E98B1.jpeg

Most don’t realize the Lego market. A lot of discontinued sets can go double and more.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
At $100 for 1047 pieces this is pretty consistent with their other sets. Of course, many of those use licensed marks as well. I would guess they pay Fender less than they pay someone like Disney.

ampe

Country Gent
May 11, 2011
belgium
i became a lego fan recently, i'm building the typewriter at the moment, but i'm not sold on the Fender.

freddyfingers

Gretschified
I have about two big plastic storage bins in my basement full of legos that I pour chased for my children , and they no longer have interest in. Some were expensive Star Wars ships, others were just expensive other kits. I spent a few days separating them by color and size. The goal was to sell them off. But i looked on eBay, and it looks like there are people that sell lego all the time. There’s are sorted much better than mine. After a few days I just put things of similar style into the same bag just to end the project. But once i saw people sell them online i held back, thinking if I could get a few bucks for mine i would, but i dont have a eBay account, and dont want one. Yet i sit here seriously considering buying more.

stevo

Friend of Fred
May 1, 2012
Atlanta
This is just cool as heck. Putting those advanced kits together is relaxing and fun.

I have a Shelby GT350 that I work on in "chapters". They really have some amazing designers there at Lego - amazing kits.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
We have a store nearby that resells and buys Lego kits. I have been tempted to gather some of our old kits and try to resell them, but when I go into that store I find more kits that I want to buy!

there are a few YouTube videos out there where folks have built actual guitar bodies from Lego bricks and clear epoxy. Probably pretty heavy, I would guess.

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
At $100 for 1047 pieces this is pretty consistent with their other sets. Of course, many of those use licensed marks as well. I would guess they pay Fender less than they pay someone like Disney.

I didn’t consider the quantity of pieces on this one. But you’re likely right.

Latest posts