Last NGD for a While - 6192

6124Bassman

Synchromatic
May 20, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
I promise this will be the last one for a while, or else my wife will probably get upset.

But today I closed the deal on a gorgeous, very clean 1964 Gretsch Country Club 6192. I’ve been talking to the son of the original owner for a week or so now and finally met today to check out this guitar.

The story is his father owned a studio in San Fransisco and was a Gretsch dealer. This was his personal guitar that he played for the rest of his life since he got it new. Eventually they moved to Phoenix Arizona. Once the father passed away, one of his three sons took ownership of the guitar and played it until he also recently passed away within the last decade. That is when one of the other sons took custody of the guitar and finally ended up selling it today after a few years of hanging on to it.

I have to say that this may be the best hollow body Gretsch guitar I have ever played. Acoustically it is huge, resonant, and dynamic unlike any other electric guitar I have heard acoustically. Plugged in to an amp it is just simply amazing.

The father must have really taken great care of this instrument because it is almost in mint condition. It also came with all the hang tags, warranty card, and Filterton and Space Control information cards. The case is also in great shape.

To the gentleman I bought this guitar from, if you for some reason ever come across this post, I want to thank you again for letting me be the care taker of this instrument now, it will be loved and played everyday.

-Nathan

ECA16B76-1F3F-431B-BD87-C4C848CEA657.jpeg

5BD631EC-B972-4F87-82B6-5228CAC4EF64.jpeg

BAD4E7B2-5A59-4E08-BFAA-5B5F8ACE46B6.jpeg

B090BAC5-59BA-4738-8548-89D930D6257E.jpeg

6DFD7457-31CB-4E1D-9F55-222D99198C3B.jpeg

And here’s a photo of the group, just for fun
BC15ECCA-197E-415B-8A7A-ECECE96EB884.jpeg

Wayne Gretschzky

Country Gent
Aug 27, 2008
East Coast
You do realize that there is no known vaccine for the particular strain of disease that you have obviously acquired. Best treatment is to drink lots of non-alcoholic liquids, focus on enjoying the great stable of vintage Gretsch guitars you've acquired... and stay away from the internet, which is the primary spreader of the disease. Hope you're feeling better soon!!

65club

Electromatic
Jul 31, 2017
USA
OK dude this is getting downright freaky.

triple.jpg

And yes I posed them there trying to recreate your pic. I didn't already have the pic already taken - THAT would have been scary!! So I missed with the color of the 1960 Jet, and my 6192 is a '65 not a '64. I also have a '67 6122, '64 6117, and '55 6131, just so you have that info available when the disease Wayne is referring to is ready to strike again.:D I myself am hoping to satisfy MY disease by closing a deal in the next day or two.

Seriously, nice score on the 6192 and that's a nice collection you've amassed in a matter of what, a month? It's taken me a couple of decades to get mine together.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I promise this will be the last one for a while, or else my wife will probably get upset.

But today I closed the deal on a gorgeous, very clean 1964 Gretsch Country Club 6192. I’ve been talking to the son of the original owner for a week or so now and finally met today to check out this guitar.

The story is his father owned a studio in San Fransisco and was a Gretsch dealer. This was his personal guitar that he played for the rest of his life since he got it new. Eventually they moved to Phoenix Arizona. Once the father passed away, one of his three sons took ownership of the guitar and played it until he also recently passed away within the last decade. That is when one of the other sons took custody of the guitar and finally ended up selling it today after a few years of hanging on to it.

I have to say that this may be the best hollow body Gretsch guitar I have ever played. Acoustically it is huge, resonant, and dynamic unlike any other electric guitar I have heard acoustically. Plugged in to an amp it is just simply amazing.

The father must have really taken great care of this instrument because it is almost in mint condition. It also came with all the hang tags, warranty card, and Filterton and Space Control information cards. The case is also in great shape.

To the gentleman I bought this guitar from, if you for some reason ever come across this post, I want to thank you again for letting me be the care taker of this instrument now, it will be loved and played everyday.

-Nathan

View attachment 160226

View attachment 160228

View attachment 160227

View attachment 160230

View attachment 160229

And here’s a photo of the group, just for fun
View attachment 160231

Hey Bassman,

That has to be the nicest vintage trio I've seen in a very long time.

All prime examples of previous ownership care, and the importance of a case.

My mouth is watering over your black Duo Jet.

Best!

BIB.

6124Bassman

Synchromatic
May 20, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
OK dude this is getting downright freaky.

View attachment 160243

And yes I posed them there trying to recreate your pic. I didn't already have the pic already taken - THAT would have been scary!! So I missed with the color of the 1960 Jet, and my 6192 is a '65 not a '64. I also have a '67 6122, '64 6117, and '55 6131, just so you have that info available when the disease Wayne is referring to is ready to strike again.:D I myself am hoping to satisfy MY disease by closing a deal in the next day or two.

Seriously, nice score on the 6192 and that's a nice collection you've amassed in a matter of what, a month? It's taken me a couple of decades to get mine together.

Haha that is just great! I remember you mentioning that in the thread about the 6119. Looks like your club is the deeper body plus a bigsby. I wouldn’t mind a bigsby... I’m not going to install one being that my Tennessean already has one, but it would be nice.

There is a Jet Firebird for sale locally to me I have been going back and forth with the seller. It has some replaced parts (factory neck replacement in early ‘60s is what he’s saying). I’ll probably pass on it, but THAT would’ve been quite the coincidence being that yours is a Firebird also!

Latest posts