Last Call - 2009 Gretsch Northern Calif / NorNevada Roundup!

Discussion in 'Gretschtogether' started by Ric12String, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Okay, Gretsch Campers, it’s last call for the 2009 Gretsch Northern California / Northern Nevada Roundup!

When: September 12-13, 2009
    Where: Clair Tappaan Lodge, 19940 Donner Pass Road, Norden, California 95724
    Cost: $38 per night, including three meals per day. (Be sure to ask for the Fall Group Rate and tell them that you will be attending the Gretsch event.)]

If you have been asleep for the past few months, or have not visited this site for that long, then you need to go read about the 2009 Gretsch Northern California / Northern Nevada Roundup at this thread http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gretschtogether/8779-2009-gretsch-northern-california-northern-nevada-roundup.html and be certain to look there for the link to the Sierra Club's page for booking a reservation at the Clair Tappaan Lodge.

We are now only four days away from the Roundup and, if we haven’t convinced you yet that you need to attend, then consider these reasons:

* Mr. Fred Gretsch http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gretschtogether/10734-great-news-northern-cal-northern-nevada-roundup.html, the man whose great grandfather started the Gretsch Company, and the man who resurrected it from the ashes of the Baldwin Company’s bankruptcy estate and began once again building these fine instruments, will be on hand to meet you, sign autographs, and chat with you about all things Gretsch.

* Joe Carducci, the man who is currently at the helm of FMIC’s Gretsch operation, and who, along with Mike Lewis, restored the line of Gretsch guitars to the specifications of Gretsch’s first “glory days,” and who virtually single-handedly runs the Gretsch division, the guy who comes up with the great ideas for new models, or modifications to existing models, who develops much of the marketing ideas for the company, and who is on the road running from one great Gretsch event to the next, and who is quite simply one of the nicest and most genuine business executives you will ever meet (and who plays some mean guitar!), will be there to play some music with you and to fill you in on the latest and greatest out of Scottsdale!

* Kim Falcon http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gretschtogether/10895-kim-falcon-attend-gretsch-nor-cal-nor-nevada-roundup.html, that “Great Gretsch Girl” whose comely good looks grace the covers of virtually all current Gretsch print media, and whose sweetness and understated elegance will win over your hearts, will be present to meet you, sign autographs, and be photographed with you (you supply the camera!).

[​IMG]

* Don Ayers, the inventor of the Stellartone Tonestyler http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gretschtogether/10233-tonestyler-coming-nor-cal-nor-nevada-roundup.html tonepot replacement device will be there and will be offering demonstrations of this simple, yet very effective tool to mod your guitar and bass.

* “Sparky” Kramer, of Randall Kramer Guitars http://www.randallkramerguitars.com/, will also be showcasing his amazing acoustic guitars and will be presenting a mini-seminar on setting up a guitar correctly.

* Gretsch-Talk member Yettoblaster, who is a professor of guitar by vocation, will be attending and offering a mini-seminar on improvisation techniques.

* Gretsch-Talk member DrGretsch, who wowed everyone at last year’s Roundup with his jazz stylings, will be attending and offering a mini-seminar on chord soloing.

* Rumor has it that another great personality known to many of you will be appearing at the Roundup. Sir Paul McCartney, in conjunction with the release of the new Beatles Rockband game, will be stopping by and giving each attendee a copy of the newly released game. Hmmm...you're not buying that? Well, probably with very good reason. But, be on the lookout for Sir Proteus, the man of many words, most of them cogent, who will be in attendance. If you have never met Proteus, then you need to do so. He is one of those guys whose knowledge, not just about Gretsch, or guitars in general, but about so many different things of both pop culture and real culture, really seeps out of his every pore. You won't want to miss meeting him.

* The Fred & Joe Show will be making an appearance on Saturday evening. If you have been able to make it out to see one of these shows, you will know that they are the ying and yang of all things Gretsch. The show is fast-paced, light-hearted, and filled with fun and useful information about the history of the Gretsch Company and all of its lore. And, I understand that Fred will be asking some of his great Gretsch trivia questions, the winners of which I hear may go home richer!

* Gretsch Swag. Oh yeah, did I mention that some Great Gretsch Swag will be given away at the Roundup, starting with the mind-blowing prize of a Gretsch Playboy amplifier http://www.gretsch-talk.com/forum/gretschtogether/11246-things-keep-getting-better-nor-cal-nevada-roundup.html! And, if you know Joe Carducci, you know that he is going to be bringing tons of other Gretsch paraphanelia, like lanyards and other Gretsch memorabilia, and passing it out like Santa Claus on Christmas Eve!

* Stellartone Tonestyler tonepot replacements and bridges by Tru-Arc™ Bridges and Compton Compensated Custom Bridges will be given away to many lucky winners!

* California’s scenic Sierra Nevada mountains beckon you to two days of great musical fun, cameraderie, ogling of others’ guitars and amplifiers, fantastic music, and friendship.

So, have we persuaded you yet? If not, then you are absolutely incapable of being persuaded.

Folks, this is an event that absolutely no one should miss! Contact the Clair Tappaan Lodge to make your reservation right now!

Okay, with the Roundup just a few days away, we need to develop a pretty reliable headcount. So, please send me a PM (PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PLANS IN THIS THREAD – PLEASE JUST SEND ME A PM) and provide all of the following information:

1 . Are you planning on attending the Roundup?

2 . Who will be attending the Roundup with you? (Please provide us each of their names. Please do not respond for other Gretsch-Talk members – just respond for family members or others who will be accompanying you that we otherwise wouldn’t know about. But, tell those other Gretsch-Talk members who may be traveling with you to please send me a PM with their travel plans.)

3 . If you are attending, will you be staying at the Clair Tappaan Lodge? Friday night and Saturday night? Or just Saturday night? Please consider arriving on Friday night. There will be a number of us that will be there on Friday night and I can well imagine that there will be some good music to be made already on Friday night. Also, by already being there Friday night, you will enable us to get started right after breakfast on Saturday morning.

4 . What meals will you be eating on site? Remember, even if you are not staying at the Lodge, you can still eat meals there for $10 per meal. So, whether you are staying at the Lodge or not, please tell me what meals you and each of the members of your family/party will be eating at the Lodge. (The Lodge offers hot breakfast and dinner and a brown bag lunch.) This is muy importante (for you gringos, this means that this is very important for you to do) because it allows us to notify the Lodge’s management so that they can make plans to buy sufficient supplies to enable them to prepare meals for everyone that will be wanting one. AND, if you, or someone in your party, are vegetarian, please let me know if you will be requiring vegetarian meals. They are available at the Lodge.

I hope that we will see as many of you as possible in attendance this weekend. We will have a time that you won’t soon forget.

I spent my summer vacation at Gretsch Camp – what about you?

2. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    If anyone here can make this, please try to do so. These are great jamming and learning experience also. ric 12 string has worked hard to put this on, I willing to bet YOU will not be dis appointed!

3. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Get in that old VW "hippy" bus of yours, Jukebox, and you can make it out here by Friday if you leave right now!

4. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    I have forgotten to mention (remind you) that Sparky Kramer, of Randall Kramer Guitars, will be available to perform modest repairs during the Roundup, whereas more serious repairs might have to be taken to his shop for work there. Trust me when I tell you that Sparky does great work. In fact, he is doing work on two of my guitars right now.

If you know that you have a guitar that will need some work done on it, then please contact me and let me know what the nature of the repair is so that Sparky can make sure that he has included the necessary tools for the repair. Also, let me know what guitar it is that he will be repairing.

5. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    I really would like to make it, but I have to much to do with the NW Jam. We are opening it to the public this year to raise money for musical equipment . This will go to under privilege kids and to school with no music program, we will be setting up guitar clubs in the schools . The goal is to do this world wide. Thanks maybe next year!

6. Pappy

Pappy Country Gent

Jun 4, 2008
    Georgia
    Kramer's going to be there...

You guys have some serious luck!

7. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

Jeez, you really had me going on the Paul McCartney rumor! I almost swallowed a whole pickle!

8. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    There can't be that many of you that are still sitting on the fence about coming to this event, can there? This is going to be a blowout event and some appear to still be indecisive.

Folks, we need to get an accurate headcount, with meal information, etc. Please send me a PM with your travel and meal information as outlined above in the initial post. Muy importante!

Also, for those who have already notified me that they are coming, please check your e-mail for another from me with parking information.

Get busy, folks, and send me a PM!

9. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I'd be there with bells on if someone would hurry up & invent a teleporter already :D

10. cowboybob

cowboybob Gretschie

Jul 20, 2009
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    That is the very next thing on my list to do :) Sorry, couldn't help that. Wish I was able to go too.

11. workknot

workknot Country Gent

Feb 15, 2009
    Brainerd, Minnesota
  12. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    :eek: Man oh man, I want it, I want it bad.. oh the GAS pains! :D
    I'll be watching that one, thanks Pop's! :D

Anyone have a rough idea what it's birthday might be?

13. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    Isn't that a New Jet? If so, it would be pre-FMIC, so that would put it between 1989 and 1992.

14. Jukebox

Jukebox Gretschified

Jun 2, 2008
    Foreston,MN
    That what it is, a New Jet. Tara Brent has one, they're a nice sounding guitar.

15. Scott

Scott Country Gent

Jun 27, 2008
    Winston-Salem, NC
    That guitar, according to the serial number, was made in March 2001, not the early 90s.

The New Jet was only made from about 2001 to 2003, and was a victim of the line renovation when FMIC came on board.

16. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    You are right, Scott, I meant 2002! Doh!

17. Joe Carducci

Joe Carducci Gretschie

Fred Gretsch, Kim Falcon & yours truly are looking forward to meeting everyone at the "Gretschtogether" this weekend. I plan on bringing loads of Gretsch swag for those in attendance.

Guitars, amps, as well as many other cool prizes will be given away via our "drop-the-pick-with-your-name-on-it-in-the-sound-hole-then-turn-the-guitar-over-and-shake-the-winning-pick-out" contest. Some of the fabulous prizes to be given away include...

* G6134B Black Penguin
    * G5122DC Double Cutaway Hollowbody, Walnut
    * G5235 Pro Jet, Black
    * G6156 Playboy Amp
    * G5222 Compact Amps
    * Plus much, much more!]

GREAT folks!... GREAT music!... Fred's World Famous $2 Gretsch Trivia Game!... In-person Gretsch Girl, KIM FALCON!!!!... Loads of FREE Gretsch swag!... GREAT atmosphere!... GREAT contest prizes... YES!!! This event is indeed going to be GREAT!!!

See ya'all there!

Joe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. workknot

workknot Country Gent

Feb 15, 2009
    Brainerd, Minnesota
    WoW Joe, that will be one heck of a wing ding thanks to you and Fred and Kim plus all the other great folks that will be there.

Pop's

19. Ric12String

Ric12String Gretschie

Jun 6, 2008
    California
    WOW.

I am dumbfounded, Joe! You are AMAZING!

Okay, you fencesitters, GET WITH IT. I mean, come on now, a Black Penguin!!!

Send me a PM telling me you're coming and all of the other info.

20. Sarah93003

Sarah93003 Friend of Fred

Posted via Mobile Device

I just swallowed my gum!! I'm crossing my fingers for the Penguin!! Woo- hoo!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.