Kudos to Synchro and Thunder58

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by ZackyDog, Oct 13, 2021 at 5:57 PM.

1. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Shucks! Yer makin’ me blush now, and Thunder is probably blushin’ so hard he’s afraid his posts will come out in pink text. :)

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart.

I chose to respond directly to this post, because I think it’s right on the money. This is about showing respect for others, and the expectation of being treated respectfully by others.

We do not all agree about everything. Some of my favorite people here are people with whom I disagree at times, but I still respect them, and know that their opinions are sincere and well intended, even if they differ with my conclusions. Mutual respect is a powerful force for good.

One thing that amazes me about the Internet Age, is how we routinely find ourselves communicating with people we are unlikely to ever meet, and who live literally halfway around the world. Online, I’ve met people from Nepal, all over Europe, Australia and made friends all over the U.S. There are guitarists all over the world that I share something in common with, and meeting such persons online has truly enriched my life.

Mark W, mrfixitmi, pmac11 and 15 others like this.
  2. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Due to health reasons, I'm pretty much homebound. COPD, arthritis, and The Old have taken their toll. It's hard to breathe without a mask, and damn near impossible with one. This place is my connection to the outside world, to other musicians, and to you crazies in general. We share a love of Gretsch guitars, but of other instruments as well. It's more than rockabilly and British Invasion, it's a general love of music (---and pets). I've always said that I don't play because I want to, but that I play because I have to. I still learn something every day. My day isn't complete unless I spend some time here. Thank you all for that.

Wavey, mrfixitmi, pmac11 and 12 others like this.
  3. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Who me ? It's actually all of you members that keep this place a great place to be . Thank you all !

larryr, Jackrd, mrfixitmi and 9 others like this.
  4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I can't help thinking that "Animal Control Officer" is a perfect work experience profile to serve as a forum moderator! :D

larryr, new6659, mrfixitmi and 10 others like this.
  5. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Yes true - you're a funny man Slim - I get lots of belly laughs from your comments :D

6. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Life's too serious, too sad, too scary at times. Gotta lighten things up.

Gregor, ZackyDog, mrfixitmi and 7 others like this.
  7. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    As usual I totally agree with you... and you do a great job of keeping us on the light side :)

And I also give my thanks to both admin guys - keep up the good work guys

8. gretschbigsby

gretschbigsby Gretschie

Nov 21, 2009
    chicago
    Totally agree... I'm an administrator of another guitar forum and just want to send kudo's to the mods here. You guys do a great job.

mrfixitmi, Waxhead, Archtops and 2 others like this.
  9. rcboals

rcboals Country Gent

Nov 21, 2008
    Springfield Oregon
    Yes, our moderators are the best. Both of them when having to correct/discipline have done so with gentleness and respect. Not that I would know this from personal experience. ;) Right Synchro?? :)

mrfixitmi, Stefan87, ZackyDog and 4 others like this.
  10. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
  11. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    The mods here respond in a heartfelt way. It’s great to be part of that band. Like a band I can’t wait for the next gig!
    Best of luck to all.

mrfixitmi, thunder58 and ZackyDog like this.
  12. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    I am very thankful to have these great guys as our moderators.

mrfixitmi, thunder58 and ZackyDog like this.
  13. Gregor

Gregor Country Gent

Absolutely! Nothing wrong with a little levity, or a lot for that matter. Thanks to the mods for not kicking me off this place.

14. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Yeah he got me with that Sugar Drive review too.. now I'm curious...

15. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yes great job guys, thanks for what you do.

Duo Slinger, thunder58 and mrfixitmi like this.
  16. SAguitar

SAguitar Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2020
    Jack Plate, Oregon
    I like my notes shaken, not stirred! And I feel at home on this forum, even if I can't be here too frequently. For many years I was an admin for several guitar forums, so I can appreciate the effort our fearless leaders put in to keep this joint hummin'. Thanks dudes!

Duo Slinger, thunder58 and mrfixitmi like this.
  17. Mr Swisher

Mr Swisher Synchromatic

Jun 12, 2012
    England
    My wife has an issue with this site and all of you GAS facilitators :D:p:)

Me.. I have no issues.

capnhiho, new6659, Waxhead and 2 others like this.
  18. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    There is a good reason that this is a bright light in a dark world, we have @Synchro, and @thunder58 keeping the batteries from wearing down, and the bulbs from burning out.
    The advice is excellent, the helping hearts and hands are tremendous, and the friendship is second to none.
    Thanks for being the glue that helps hold us together.

Gregor, Archtops, ZackyDog and 3 others like this.
  19. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I agree 100% with all the very positive comments above!! Great site -- Thanks, guys!!!

mrfixitmi, Archtops, ZackyDog and 2 others like this.
  20. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Being an admin on a guitar site is akin to herding cats or being pecked to death by ducks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.