Kudos to Synchro and Thunder58

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Shucks! Yer makin’ me blush now, and Thunder is probably blushin’ so hard he’s afraid his posts will come out in pink text. :)

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart.

It’s amazing what mutual respect can produce.
I chose to respond directly to this post, because I think it’s right on the money. This is about showing respect for others, and the expectation of being treated respectfully by others.

We do not all agree about everything. Some of my favorite people here are people with whom I disagree at times, but I still respect them, and know that their opinions are sincere and well intended, even if they differ with my conclusions. Mutual respect is a powerful force for good.

One thing that amazes me about the Internet Age, is how we routinely find ourselves communicating with people we are unlikely to ever meet, and who live literally halfway around the world. Online, I’ve met people from Nepal, all over Europe, Australia and made friends all over the U.S. There are guitarists all over the world that I share something in common with, and meeting such persons online has truly enriched my life.

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
One thing that amazes me about the Internet Age, is how we routinely find ourselves communicating with people we are unlikely to ever meet, and who live literally halfway around the world. Online, I’ve met people from Nepal, all over Europe, Australia and made friends all over the U.S. There are guitarists all over the world that I share something in common with, and meeting such persons online has truly enriched my life.
Due to health reasons, I'm pretty much homebound. COPD, arthritis, and The Old have taken their toll. It's hard to breathe without a mask, and damn near impossible with one. This place is my connection to the outside world, to other musicians, and to you crazies in general. We share a love of Gretsch guitars, but of other instruments as well. It's more than rockabilly and British Invasion, it's a general love of music (---and pets). I've always said that I don't play because I want to, but that I play because I have to. I still learn something every day. My day isn't complete unless I spend some time here. Thank you all for that.

pmac11

Country Gent
Mar 4, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
I love the "all-in" vibe of all things Gretsch and non-Gretsch. I know the discourse here has had a major affect on my last 6 months of tone shaping/creating.....even down to the choice of the Tele-type guitar I pulled the trigger on in May....my first Tele!

I can think of a ton of members with ease whose input is full of sincere and well-thought input. Me? I am certainly the happier player for it!!

As a plus, Thunder has me jonesing big time for a D28 Dreadnought(wife would kill me though), and Synchro has been another with solid input that has kept my pedal search focus "on track" because of his knowledge......and will probably get the Sugar Drive because of him sooner rather than later.
Yeah he got me with that Sugar Drive review too.. now I'm curious...

Latest posts