Knobs on g2655t glued on?

tmcq65

Gretschie
Nov 10, 2021
Eastern Tennessee
Those are the same knobs that I had on my G2420T - I got them off by putting a flat card on the guitar and using a large screwdriver back and forth from one side to the other. I don't think they were glued (at least on mine) but they were really tight. I used new pots for my change as well as new knobs, so other than the guitar top - I was not real concerned about damage....though they came off pretty clean.

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
Go very slow on these. There was a guy on here a few weeks ago who managed to crack two potmeter shafts pulling them off.
The card stock suggestion with a large flat blade screwdriver worked for me. The name brand knob puller wouldn't even come close to moving them. I was considering cutting them off, with a Dremel, but gave it one last try as suggested....Please go slow, don't wait until you hear the top crack. Keep moving the screw driver around the knob, they will come off, not a good idea to rush this.

tmcq65

Gretschie
Nov 10, 2021
Eastern Tennessee
Dude, thanks so much. I thought they were glued on, I just needed someone to tell me whether they were glued on or not. Just pulled one off and they are not glued on so thank you. Debating removing this post now. But will probably leave it up for someone in the future with the same question. View attachment 179697
Just in case you decide to replace pots sometime in the future...I found these stock ones to be a tiny bit small (presumably metric), and had to drill out the holes a tad to fit the new CTS pots I got. Very happy with the result, and it was easy - just didn't expect that going in.