SOLD Kauer Starliner Standard - Shell Pink - T Armonds

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by 86runner, Jun 23, 2020.

1. 86runner

86runner Electromatic

May 6, 2015
    Nashville
    This is a killer guitar. I'm changing things up a bit, otherwise, it would be staying. It's absolutely awesome, but I just picked up a Stern CS Gretsch with Dynas, so this one is a bit redundant. This one is a semi-hollow and has TArmonds and a nice thick neck carve. The TArmonds approach P90 land, but retain a bit more clarity and "single-coil'ness". Add in the ergonomics and weight of the semi-hollow Starliner body, and it's a match made in Heaven. Also, just look at the wonderfully gaudy Unicorn motif! It ain't for everybody, but I dig it! Anyway, the only issue of note is marks from where the pads of a Bigsby B5 sat on the finish and slight tarnishing on the nickel hardware. You can see them, but only in certain light. Other than that, I'd give it excellent. Frets are great and no other real blemishes aside from some light scratches and minor grain sink. 7 lbs, 8 oz on my postal scale. .89 - .95, 1st - 12th. The previous owner didn't have the spec sheet. All in all, a fantastic Kauer! It ships in the Mono bag Doug shipped it in in excellent condition. Anyway, let me know what questions you have! $2500 S&PP, firm. Open to trades. But, whatever I take in on trade will get flipped, unless I'm absolutely floored by it. Trades plus significant cash are preferred. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hammerhead, hcsterg and Merc like this.
  2. latetotheparty

latetotheparty Gretschie

Mar 18, 2018
    Omaha
  3. 86runner

86runner Electromatic

May 6, 2015
    Nashville
    Somebody trade me something for this!

4. Alanqa

Alanqa Gretschie

Aug 22, 2019
    Lancashire UK
  5. giffenf

giffenf Synchromatic

Oct 26, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Oh, now that's a real beauty, right down to the tuner buttons. And a Les Trem would cover those finish marks and simultaneously resolve the missing Bigsby problem. Good luck with the sale, sorry I don't have the wherewithal to take it off your hands.

6. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Friend of Fred

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Looks super-sharp! Good luck with the sale.

7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Beautiful . Best with the sale

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.