Just ordered this rare bird. Kind of excited.

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by pmarinovich, Sep 14, 2020.

1. lathoto

lathoto Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    "Now that's what I'm talking about!"

pmarinovich likes this.
  2. johnny g

johnny g Country Gent

Sep 2, 2017
    union, ms
    Just green with envy.

pmarinovich likes this.
  3. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    And me....

Bertotti and pmarinovich like this.
  4. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    These are great guitars. I love mine!

pmarinovich likes this.
  5. Crooner

Crooner Friend of Fred

Apr 15, 2009
    Boston
    I love mine, too! Congrats!

Bertotti, pmarinovich and audept like this.
  6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    And I'm excited for you!

pmarinovich likes this.
  7. Buckyboy

Buckyboy Gretschie

Had one. Miss it. You cannot go wrong with this guitar!

Bertotti and pmarinovich like this.
  8. afire

afire Country Gent

Well put it in your avatar and I won't overlook you again! Besides, you're the zero fret SG Deluxe guy in my mind.

Bertotti and audept like this.
  9. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Electromatic

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    Hey guys, thanks so much for helping me feel good about my purchase. Really. I sometimes overstress about spending money on myself.
    I'm not sure when it will arrive. It just shipped yesterday from Huntington, UK.

Anyway, feel free to help me pay for it hahaha! I'm unloading a few: https://reverb.com/shop/petes-gear-depot-40

10. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Electromatic

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    That one in your avatar is gorgeous. Is that a surf green sparkle?

11. Buckyboy

Buckyboy Gretschie

Technically it is seafoam green sparkle. Visually the Broadway Jade finish is amazing and way better in person than in photos. It has a bit of metallic/sparkle in the Finish, which I did not expect, and it really pushed up the guitar even higher on the cool scale.

pmarinovich likes this.
  12. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Electromatic

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    I can't wait. My vision is still recovering from a reaction to a drug I took for my heart. So, I'll know much better when I get it in my hands. It's due to arrive tomorrow.

13. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Electromatic

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    It's arriving soon. C.O.D. $188 import fees....ughhh. :(

14. afire

afire Country Gent

Are you sure that's right? I had to fight over import duties (and succeeded) when I bought a Rickenbacker Rose Morris 1998 from the UK. I know it's different in that the Gretsch wasn't made in the USA, but I still wonder if duties might be waived as Gretsch is an American company, plus you're not importing it from its country of origin. But I may be wrong. I suppose it depends on how much fuss you want to engage in over $188.

Bertotti likes this.
  15. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
  16. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Hahahah you know us to well.

17. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Electromatic

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    Oh man, when I first noticed your avatar I thought "what a beautiful guitar," but I did realize it was a penguin. Then I saw the one I eventually purchased online and didn't make the connection. I just got it a few hours ago and love it. I don't have any idea how many like this were made. Your's and mine are the only ones I've seen.

18. pmarinovich

pmarinovich Electromatic

Nov 17, 2018
    Louisiana
    So far everyone I spoke with says I "gots to pay." If the store had fudged down the declared value it would have lowered the fees, but they did not do that and I did not ask them to.

19. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I emailed Gretsch Fender and the reply they made 75. I have the production dates somewhere but it is in an old thread here somewhere as well. I think a copy-paste of the email is in that thread as well wherever it is. I forget the name of that thread. I like to put up pictures of it like a proud papa. So here is one I just loaded in a different thread and have used too many times. I should get some new baby shots soon. If your eyes can pick it out there is a very cool very fine metal flake in it. I have not had much luck photographing that. But now you have to post a picture of yours posing somehow. Hopefully, Aymara and Audept will throw one up soon as well. And the others as well, I've lost track of all the Broadway Jade Penguins here, there are a few more than are readily know but they don't like to show off. With this Guitar, I can't help it! There is one here that has kind of made its rounds to a few guys. I'll never understand that! Version 2 (1).jpg

new6659 and audept like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.