Bob Perrone

Gretschie
Mar 7, 2017
allentown, pa
Drop dead gorgeous - congratulations and best of luck with it!
NO - do NOT put a Bigsby on it - or anything else for that matter. Never alter a custom shop. If you are really set on doing that then use a Vibramate Bigsby. No hole drilling and it's removable but, seriously, leave that work of art alone if you can. Because that's what a Custom Shop Gretsch is, a work of art.

Dana Rudd

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2019
Greybull, WY
Hello @ryan1993, welcome to G-T. It's good to have you here.
Lovely looking Paisley. Enjoy the heck out of your new guitar.
With the current Cadillac tailpiece on it changing to a Bigsby is easy, no vibramate required.

BCRatRod73

Synchromatic
Sep 1, 2020
Mississippi
Nice. I’d leave it as is, but adding a Bigby is easy enough and a reversible mod. I have a feeling you will eventually put a Bigsby on it, only to take it off at some point.

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
Wow, it's a masterpiece.
I'm on the leave as it is camp too. But I'm partial to that: many years of stings changes on various Bigsbys have payed a toll on me. :)

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Would the Mona Lisa look better with a moustache?
Beautiful guitar just the way it is - Congrats! Save the Bigsby for the next round.

And welcome to the forum btw, that's a heck of a first post! 👍

afire

Friend of Fred
Feb 12, 2009
Where the action is!
Should I put a bigsby on it? The guitar is so much money I’m hesitant to change anything.
If you don't need to have a vibrato on every guitar, maybe this is one to leave fixed. For me, I just can't have a guitar without a vibrato. But I am also loathe to modify a valuable guitar. In the past, one thing I've done is find a machinist to make me a custom hinge plate to match the holes already in the guitar. It's probably been well over 10 years since I've done it, but I just put an ad in my local craigslist and a guy responded and made me what I needed in his spare time and I think it cost me about $75.
Also, what’s that good smell that the guitar has ?
Lacquer? Glue for the case lining?

JC higgy

Gretschified
Jun 6, 2008
Belfast Norn Iron
Congrats Ryan,and welcome aboard,,cool geet!

I'd leave the Caddy tail on if it were mine,but Falcons and Penguins must have a Caddy tail in my world. :)

ToneM1

Gretschie
Mar 10, 2009
Oxnard/Ventura County Calif.
Beautiful! I was going to order a Custom Shop 6122(1959 version) a while back but was told that they would not do it using Hide Glue.. I wanted it to be built like the ones built in Brooklyn in the `50's/`60's. Gretsch Custom said they would not build anything with Hide Glue. I don't understand that narrow-minded train of thought. If Gibson Custom and Martin Guitars will use Hide Glue, Why not Gretsch? I ended up buying a 1960 #6122 that's killer!

Jaik

Electromatic
May 8, 2022
Chicago
I really like the tailpiece on it but if you at all want a Bigsby why wouldn’t you put one on? It’s a recent model not some pristine vintage whatever that needs to be like the one so and so used in order to go in a museum.
I’ve got a vintage one and I’m planing to mod it to work better. If you’re that worried about it, do reversible mods with a vibramate etc. Folks can be a bit too precious with their tools. A hammer isn’t a very good hammer if you’re afraid to scratch it by hammering.

Likeabrave

Synchromatic
Feb 11, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey everyone! Just got my dream guitar so I figured Id show it off here! (Gretsch custom shop) Alot of my guitar playing friends don’t love Gretsch the way I do so I wanted to show some people that might appreciate it. Just purchased this from Wildwood guitars! Should I put a bigsby on it? The guitar is so much money I’m hesitant to change anything. Any way, tell me what u think! Also, what’s that good smell that the guitar has ?
It's your guitar regardless of who built it or how much it cost so if you want a Bigsby I think you should do it. If you're viewing it as more of an investment than a player but still want a Bigsby, why not contact Gretsch Custom Shop and ask them to add it?

wabash slim

I Bleed Orange
Feb 10, 2010
lafayette in
I can live without a Bigsby. The real question is---Can You?
Easy enough to add one.
That aroma might just be the urea in the glue.
This guitar is one of my favorite colors---paisley! Right up there with tie dye, plaid, and camo.