Just bought a Martin

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Freshy, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    Guitar Center Daily Deal
    Martin Special Dreadnought X1AE Style Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural

Screenshot (266).png

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin...stic-Electric-Guitar-Natural-1500000327700.gc

Thing is its got a Performing Artist neck shape which is super slim
    Spruce top, Rosewood sides, Laminated Birch neck, and something called a Richlite fretboard.

The orange splatter picguard wouldnt be first choice but I can live with it

Martin_Neck_Shapes_for_MM_Blog_Post.jpg

2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congratulations . I'm still gassing for a Road Series , D13e . Welcome to the Martin Owners Club

Freshy likes this.
  3. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Oh , I'm gassing for a D-28 too ..... even tho I have an HD-35 and a D12-28 ;)

MrWookiee, T Bone and Freshy like this.
  4. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    So you have tried the Skinny Performance Artist neck? And Richlite fretboard.

thunder58 likes this.
  5. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

Congrats, and welcome to the Martin owners club! Enjoy that new guitar, they are truly awesome.

Funny, we can never get enough, right? I have a J40-M Bk, and a 000-28EC, and now am gassing for a 000-17E in Black Smoke. It never ends...

Freshy and thunder58 like this.
  6. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    No not yet . There's sometimes not much out there with the world today and the factory hasn't opened up yet to visitors . I try getting out there at least twice a year as I'm only about 2 hours away

T Bone and Freshy like this.
  7. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I just spent 4½ weeks near the plant. Was hoping to get there again (only been once) but still not open.

Went to my favorite Martin dealer last week (80 miles away, Elderly Instruments) and their demo room was still comparatively bare (in the past they had often had a better selection than what I saw in the Martin factory demo room). Salesman tells me what they have were mostly Custom Shop guitars. They are getting made and shipped. But selling out very soon after arriving. I suppose my hopes of getting a "deal" on that 000-17e are not to be realized for a bit. If the model is still available when a semblance of normalcy returns, maybe then. Or I could bite the bullet and pay retail ( :eek: ). Fortunately the 000-17e is a moderately priced Martin.

8. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats and HNGD. Great guitar for the money. Enjoy.

I bought the same guitar on a MF SDOTD and also an 000X1AE within a few days of each other. Was surprised how well they sound.

Freshy likes this.
  9. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    have you been to Maury's Music in Coaldale , Pa. ? I've been wanting to visit that too

Martin82 and Freshy like this.
  10. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Congrats on the Martin.

I remember when I bought my first one. Exciting doesn't come close to describing the feelings about getting my first good acoustic.

50 years later, it's still exciting, and still my only acoustic.

Enjoy yours for a long time.

Freshy likes this.
  11. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congrats on your new Martin, Freshy!

Freshy likes this.
  12. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats Freshy!

I've played some lovely Martin's over the years but sadly,i have never owned one.

Freshy likes this.
  13. T Bone

T Bone Country Gent

I haven't. I've just added them to my list though. I get to Eastern PA usually once or twice a year. It's about the same drive from Lancaster where I stay for one of the plants as the Martin Factory. Will try to check them out in the future.

Hey @Freshy , how about sharing an actual pic of that new Martin, love to see everyone's new guitars!

I can't recall the exact model, but it was at least very similar to yours if not the same, the Bass Player and one of the Guitarists for Uncle Cracker's band did a show in a small bar here, just the two of them, acoustics and singing. Matt and Matt, both played Martin's. Matt Hamann played his Martin D-35, the Bass Player Matt Lapinta played a Martin similar to yours. The sound was phenomenal!

14. I bought two Martin’s from Maury. He is great to deal with.

Freshy, T Bone and thunder58 like this.
  15. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Thanks buddy ..... road trip !

Freshy and T Bone like this.
  16. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    When the factory opens again for tours , ( as I have a watchful eye on this ) and you're at Eastern Pa. , let me know . I've done 2 " G-T Meet & Greets " at the Martin Factory with a few G-T members here .
    We take the early Martin Factory tour , play their guitars , visit the museum and walk across the field and " do lunch " . It's a fun day :)

17. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    It started at GC warehouse in KC and is at UPS in Memphis now. Expected delivery on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

T Bone and thunder58 like this.
  18. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I'm not gunna say it ....I'm not gunna say it :p:p

19. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Nice, I'm a fan of the V necks not so much the thin necks but they do work well for many people.

Freshy likes this.
  20. lbrous2

lbrous2 Electromatic

Nov 23, 2017
    Florida
    IMG_1101.JPG IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1105.JPG Just sold my HD-28 because I couldn't tell the difference between it and my Yairi D-57 with my eyes closed.
    Actually thought the Yairi felt better. Slightly thicker neck felt natural in my hand.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.