Jurassic World Dominion (2022)

Philtertronic

Gretschie
Feb 26, 2014
scotland
Remember the movie's shower scene?
In the book, one of the soldiers in basics said that he "remembered girls: but nobody believed him. Carmen, in the book, had shaved her head. None of the book's armored suits made it into the movie. All the movie took from the book were some character's names, and bugs.
Shower scene? Nope.

I, too remember being seriously disappointed in the absence of the suits.

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
... It was the only time I can remember waiting in line for the first showing of a movie. It was so worth it.

None of the sequels have come close to the thrill and excitement of that first movie ...

I agree. The first one was fantastic, a true classic. But somewhere around #3 they lost me. Haven't seen any of the newer ones.

The original Star Wars was the same way. It's hard to believe here in 2022, 45 years and countless sequels, spin offs and merchandising campaigns later, but that original movie, if you happened to see it in a theater when it first came out in 1977, was an absolute mind blower!

I don't think anything they've done with it since then has even come close to that original.

Philtertronic

Gretschie
Feb 26, 2014
scotland
I agree. The first one was fantastic, a true classic. But somewhere around #3 they lost me. Haven't seen any of the newer ones.

The original Star Wars was the same way. It's hard to believe here in 2022, 45 years and countless sequels, spin offs and merchandising campaigns later, but that original movie, if you happened to see it in a theater when it first came out in 1977, was an absolute mind blower!

I don't think anything they've done with it since then has even come close to that original.
Star Wars lost me with Jar-Jar Binks. The Ewoks were a WTF moment but JJB and his pals were a real damp squib.

Latest posts