Juke box Crosley 487 dollars at Walmart.

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Roy Clark, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    OK so I do not drive anymore. So I told my father about a juke box for the house. Walmart has a Crosley juke box for 497 dollars. Lights up and everything. He said he would look at it and the get it. Some rag on Crosley stuff. I had in high school a juke box cassette player that sets on a table in my bed room I still own until this day from the company. Bought in the early 1990's And I used to have one that looked like it belonged on a old 1950's restaurant booth. It is long gone.

I also owned a retro radio and CD player from them. It could set on a desk but it was on my headboard above my bed. When I moved I did not see it soon afterwards. It was in my garage but it sadly got gone. And I do not know who or why some one got rid of it in my own house.

Some ragged on the product and company. See what people are telling you. It will not sound good or is bad quality and eats records. I said just because people say that does not mean it is true. We all like different brands. I like their stuff. Record player, CD, Cassettes, and juke box snobs. Funny that that is even a thing.

So I thought I would share it here. You might like it?

[​IMG]

Marv666, gtttrrr, drmilktruck and 2 others like this.
  2. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Actually, that's pretty cool. I'd buy one if I had a place to put it.

ruger9, MrWookiee, G5422T and 2 others like this.
  3. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I got a down stairs with a big almost 90 inch TV. It is big with a bedroom off the side. I will put it down there. It lights up and looked good in the video I saw. :D

4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Me too. I've been thinking of getting a turntable.

5. mrcoffee23

mrcoffee23 Gretschie

Sep 23, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    It looks like it's just a normal turntable mounted in a huge enclosure with a bluetooth option? Not a player of a hundred 7" records that live inside? It looks nice, but there are far cheaper options to do the same thing, unless I am missing what this does.

6. afire

afire Country Gent

I think what it does, is it looks like an old-time jukebox.
    And considering that they list for about $1800, this seems like a pretty good deal if that appeals to you.

7. HypotenusLuvTriangle

HypotenusLuvTriangle Country Gent

Oct 27, 2010
    Whittier, Ca
    that's nice. would like to have one. Load it up wiht your own stuff.

8. KreepyTeach

KreepyTeach Electromatic

May 27, 2018
    Brooklyn, Ny
    The only things I've ever heard people say were to watch out because you may not be able to replace the needle on Crowley's.

I heard those needles actually have a life span shorter some tapes used in delays

9. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Replacement styli are available directly from the Crosley website.

wabash slim likes this.
  10. GVDobler

GVDobler Synchromatic

May 15, 2011
    Las Vegas
    My dad had a jukebox route in the forties, which was really a front for the slot machines in all the roadhouses. I had a couple original jukeboxes from that era and sold them about 20-25 years ago. They were like new.

11. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    After restoring a 1953 Seeburg Model 100C with my best friend, the Walmart one would be my choice.
    Finding the missing parts took over 3 years, and once it was running, other 65+ year old parts kept wearing out. Did I mention that the Seeburg weighed over 300#. Not for the faint of heart, or faint of back, but they are cool.

12. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    OK dad went to get it and they did not have it. And did not know what he was talking about. A Walmart on Facebook put it up that they had it. And I saw the video of it that someone shot. They talked About it at the Arcade 1 Up club. Some said it was junk cheap wood and plastic. It is smaller and still a full size than a 900 dollar one for the home.

I will put up the link. I'm hoping my local Walmart's will get one in and I can get it. The post on the Walmart Facebook page said it is in select stores only because of the supply chain issues. Walmart did not say that people on the post said that. I still want one. Scroll down the page and you will see it. I wished my local had one today.

https://www.facebook.com/Walmart66/

13. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Excellent point... and in the world of vintage jukeboxes, the Model 100C is a relatively easy lift in terms of restoration compared to many other models, primarily because so many were made. I'm not saying it's easy (it ain't), but it's easier than restoring an AMI Continental machine.

mrfixitmi likes this.
  14. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
  15. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    If that's the one I saw, it's less than 4' tall. It's not like the real thing, sadly. It was in reality a basic record player with some lights.

16. afire

afire Country Gent

My nephew has the coolest jukebox I've ever seen. It plays 78s and judging by the styling, I'm guessing is was made in the 1930s.
    [​IMG]
    He's constantly turning up stuff like this. I swear, if that kid went to the grocery store and came home with a Fabergé egg, it wouldn't surprise me.

new6659, stevo and mrfixitmi like this.
  17. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
  18. Roy Clark

Roy Clark Synchromatic

Jun 16, 2017
    Bat cave.
    I still want it. And my dad wants one too. So it still looks good to me.

19. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That's all that really counts. If it fits your needs, and you like the looks, then it's ideal.
    Crosley mikes a lot of retro inspired gear. Mostly I see basic record players, but this is like their top of the line product.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.