SOLD Jimmie Vaughn Tex-Mex Strat

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Wayne Gretschzky, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Wayne Gretschzky

Wayne Gretschzky Country Gent

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    If you're looking for a like-new Strat... here's one!! I bought this from Heritage auctions in 2011 on an impulse. It didn't have a case, so I found a used Fender-style tweed hard-case for it, and then promptly stuck it in the back of my guitar closet. I have more than a few other guitars, and my Telecasters and Gretsch models get most of my attention, so this one has gone for years without getting played. In the past 10 years I've relocated 3 times and each time I would re-discover this JV Strat, and tune it up and play for an hour... then back to the closet. It's in excellent+ condition but I just don't play it... so it needs to find a new friend. I don't know much about these... but recall reading that the Tex-Mex pickups were notable, and the necks are praised as well. Just a great Fender Strat!

I'm asking $675 plus shipping to North American locations. Paypal preferred. Feel free to PM me with questions.

JV Strat F&B.png

JV Strat body F&B.png

JV Strat H:S F&B.png

JV Strat case F&B.png

JV Strat misc*.png

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  2. larryr

larryr Gretschie

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Great guitars. Nice necks. I have a set of Robert Cray signature Mexican pickups in a partscaster and they are quite notable.

3. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Cool wee Strat that!:cool:

All the best with it Ed.

4. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Wish that I could. That's my favorite color combination, and a nice model Strat.

Best to you on the sale.

5. MentalTossFlycoon

MentalTossFlycoon Gretschie

Dec 22, 2018
    Texas
    I have one of these, same color,,,,,,,great guitar for the $$$. I would probably be a goer on this one but alas, I am one broke dawg right now.

6. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I have the 60th mim anniversary in blizzard pearl. It has a c shaped neck but the tex mex pups the tex mex pups are pretty darn cool sounding to me. I think I would like the v neck better than the c I have but I love v shaped necks. Great guitar you got there!

7. Wayne Gretschzky

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    Sale is pending...

Bertotti and Merc like this.
  8. Telechamp

Telechamp Country Gent

Oct 20, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Great necks on these Jimmy Vaughns!

9. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    One time I owned a Custom Shop with stock Tex Mex pickups. They sounded like the perfect Strat sound to my ears. I’m sure this guitar equally sounds great.

Bertotti likes this.
  10. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I heard that a very charming and handsome guy bought that guitar :cool:

Bertotti likes this.
  11. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz

Yup, reminds me of my Clapton Strat that I loved the looks of but never bonded with the frets or the mid boost. I loved the soft V neck. I sold it a month ago.

35CA36FB-9CB7-4718-8851-D1E1D9C51CEA.jpeg

Well, there was only one thing to do....Buy Wayne’s Tex Mex Strat.

F82FFB41-AAF3-45A2-959C-E14157FE8B3B.png

Henry, wildeman, Groutsch and 2 others like this.
  12. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Congrats. Nice score.

Enjoy

radd likes this.
  13. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    Almost twins

45927E86-CB63-4A29-AE64-D7EBB84BDCAB.jpeg 8134B8E6-A29A-4495-B3EB-BE4FF36104D9.jpeg

G5422T likes this.
  14. Wayne Gretschzky

Aug 27, 2008
    East Coast
    This guitar is SOLD! (to a charming and handsome guy)

radd likes this.
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Pretty Radd you got it sold. Hahhaha

ok ok at least I make myself laugh!

radd likes this.
  16. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Years back, I had the "Calfornia Series" Strat with this color combo. I added the aged white knobs and pup covers for some contrast. Sharp looking, but not a "V" neck :(

It did have the TexMex pups, and I really liked them. They always seemed on the edge, in a good way. Fun player.

That JV model hits a lot of good specs. Have fun with it.

17. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Santa cruz
    I have a set of those covers and knobs somewhere in my parts bin. They are not all created a equal so they may not fit.

My Clapton Strat, also Olympic White, turned very yellow brown. I liked that. I don’t think this strat, also Olympic White, will. The Clapton body and neck were both finished in Urethane. The JV Strat has a Urethane finished neck but a Polyester finished body. They are similar but Urethane is more fragile.

UV causes the color change, I think mainly causing the clear coat yellow. I think the JV Strat has lived in its case. It will live on the wall in my house...... Time will tell.

Bertotti and G5422T like this.
  18. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    Jimmy Vaughans Rhythm guitarist uses a Jr Barnyard with his Tk Smith revamped guitar.. I had to name drop, Billy Pitman is wonderful cat.

[​IMG]

radd and wildeman like this.
  19. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    It'll be a fun time playing it, and letting the UV do its thing.

Just a cool looking Strat.

radd likes this.
  20. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    It looks to me as if the JV has already done a colour change. Mine was much whiter when new, with a very pale neck, and now looks much like the one above.

radd likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.