Join Gretsch-Talk Today

For Sale JangleBox

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by freddyfingers, Dec 30, 2016.

1. This is the JangleBox. It Jangles! Well, actually, by itself, even if you shake it, it doesn't make any sound. But plugged into a electric 12 string and its Jangle All The Way! No Velcro on bottem, and no power supply. I used it briefly on my board with a standard 9volt and it's good to go. Also takes battery(not included).

Asking 150, shipped with the confines of the U.S. I will ship almost anywhere, just inquire what that may entail.

Can't think of any trades I need. I am raising cash to feed my MAS. (Mandolin, mandocello, Mandola acquisition syndrome). Or an acoustic archtop. They are all rather silly in price these days.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. 150 shipped is kind of like getting it for 140. Is that way off base, or does everyone that needs one of these already have them?

Or does anyone have a Schertler Dyn G pickup?

3. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

Jun 4, 2008
    Ventura, CA
    Post-holiday fund shortage, I bet. These boxes are great!

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. thunder58

thunder58 Friend of Fred

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Bump / plug for Freddie

Just got one a few weeks back , same price to . This is the one you want folks , the one with the " silver " musical note on it , not the red musical note as told to me by the company rep . Silver note is " pin " friendly to a power supply and this thing does wonders for my 6120 . Good luck Freddie

6. thunder58

thunder58 Friend of Fred

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    WOW ! Sweet deal Freddy . Somebody please grab this deal . I have one and love it . Sounds great with my 6120 , great jangle and 50/60s vibe .
    ................and Freddy's shipping too . For $135 you can't go wrong on this guys . Good luck Freddy

7. im like crazy Eddie.

larryb likes this.
  8. doctorSlo

doctorSlo Synchromatic

Aug 22, 2016
    san luis obispo, CA
    your prices are insane?:eek:

larryb likes this.
  9. Practically giving it all away

larryb likes this.
  10. Telechamp

Telechamp Synchromatic

Oct 20, 2010
    Florida
    OK, now you're really tempting me...

11. I take no responsibility.

Telechamp likes this.
  12. Final bump before going into the deepest darkest storage of all time.

Lately I have been back on a blues harp kick. Would consider trades for a decent used blues harp mike. Eventually I am getting a small harp train amp to use it with. So I guess for once in my life I am planning ahead.

13. wabash slim

wabash slim Country Gent

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Freddy, check out the little Hohner harp amp. Only 5 watts, but it's retro style looks good, and it has reverb and an XLR out so it's easy to go straight into a PA. These have been around for awhile, so used ones ought to be easy to find.

Typical harp miles are like the famed Shure Green Bullet. They made tons of them for the military in WWII. They're actually cheap crystal/piezo mikes with a very narrow frequency range for voice communication, roughly 300Hz to 3KHz. There were black versions for Peterson Strobe Tuners back in the day. The prices on new ones are insane.

14. Thanks for the tip! I did her the hohner. It works , but doesn't have the meaty sound the harp train has. A bullet mike may be the way to go. They are hard to break.

15. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    So what makes these "jangle"? Is it simply a compressor with a cute name, or something entirely different? I guess my question is would this do something my current compressor doesn't?

16. Little jangle elves. Your asking the wrong guy. All I know is when used with the ric 360 12, it sounds like the 60's. Supposedly the guy that makes them designed them for that purpose, and from what I have read, that's what it does.

TSims1 likes this.
  17. TSims1

TSims1 Friend of Fred

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Dude. Elves? Why didn't you put that in the description?! NOW I'm considering this. A man can never have too many elves!!!