James Burton

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
I’m very sad to hear that. Burton is a great player, and said to be a very decent sort of a fellow, to boot. Hopefully they will be able to treat this effectively.

senojnad

Synchromatic
Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
VERY sad news.....! When he was appearing on the "Ozzie & Harriet" shows in the late 1950's (playing a Gretsch 6120) he was an influencer and motivator for me.

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Apparently he is having surgery, so perhaps they will be able to arrest this.

I‘ve watched some videos of his playing and also how he puts a Telecaster to best use. He has a great approach, and gets a wonderful sound, in great part because of his exceptional skill as a player.

senojnad

Synchromatic
Platinum Member
Jul 13, 2008
Lehigh Valley, PA
Apparently he is having surgery, so perhaps they will be able to arrest this.

I‘ve watched some videos of his playing and also how he puts a Telecaster to best use. He has a great approach, and gets a wonderful sound, in great part because of his exceptional skill as a player.
Huge progress has been made in treating many cancers. Prayers sent for James for a swift and full recovery.

audept

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
So sorry to hear this. I met James when he was part of John Denver's touring band in Australia. One of the nicest and most down-to-earth people I have ever met. I asked him a few questions about his very light string gauges and he was only too happy to invite me into his hotel room and share his knowledge with a local sound system engineer. I had a close-up look at some of his Tele playing licks. This was one of my most treasured experiences, it was pure gold! He will always be an idol to me. All the best, James!