It's a western kinda day...

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by Rob_Brindley, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Rob_Brindley

Rob_Brindley Gretschie

Jul 22, 2019
    Stoke-On-Trent, England
    I've been working a lot of hours recently and finally took a few hours off to get a couple of guitars out. I went over to my Dad's to drop off his Roundup and we got the DSW out for a bit of a jam. One thing I've always wondered about is the fretboard on the DSW... Every Gretsch I've ever played, other than the new Hotrods, has had an Ebony fretboard. I'm sure the fretboard on this one is Rosewood - Does anybody have any other info? Is it a year specific thing (2004), or is it more common than I realised?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
  3. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Nice looking guitars, but about those ebony fretboards ... there's a lot of Gretsches that don't have ebony boards, probably the majority of them. Pretty much a "pro-line" item only, and even then, many that are still rosewood, Anniversaries for example, my 6129-57 Silver Jet's another.

I love ebony boards, but own only a few. They're all keepers though! :)

4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    While I don't think all dynasonic 6120s have rosewood, it does seem that most rosewood 6120s have dynasonics.

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I like your videos better than your photos ..... :p nah , whom I kidding ....I like both the photos and vids :)

6. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Friend of Fred

Jan 19, 2012
    Maldon UK
    Yep, rosewood. And skinny frets.

Rob_Brindley likes this.
  7. Buckyboy

Buckyboy Gretschie

Great photo and nice top on that 6120!

Rob_Brindley likes this.
  8. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    Orange is just my least favorite color…could never get on with an orange guitar. However, those two actually make it tempting.

The rosewood looks extra fine on that particular guitar btw.

9. Rob_Brindley

Rob_Brindley Gretschie

Jul 22, 2019
    Stoke-On-Trent, England
    The majority of the Gretschs I've played have been Pro-line models, but I've only ever noticed the Rosewood on this one and the new Hotrods. I'd do quite like it on this DSW, but I think I'd stick with Ebony if I had the choice overall :)

:D I haven't used the DSW for a little while. I'll probably do something with it when we swap the fixed arm for a regular Bigsby.

I love orange! We have 3 orange 6120s & 2 6121s in orange - They just look right! They are quite common though, so I get where you're coming from.

thunder58 likes this.
  10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Blasphemy!!!!

Mark 6120 likes this.
  11. blueruins

blueruins Country Gent

May 28, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    As you all know, orange is a beloved color among Gretsch and I’ve come to find out, the general population as well.

We carry the new King Crab Orange, YETI merchandise in my store and it outsells every other color we have…even the good colors;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.