It wasn't broken; why did you "fix" it? :(

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by ZackyDog, Sep 22, 2020.

1. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I wasn't into soda back then, but living in the kingdom of Coca Cola (Atlanta) was interesting during all of that. There is a religious position that a majority of Atlantans seem to take - Coke is good, Pepsi is evil.

I do know that Pepsi and Coke are very different and I could easily identify in a blind test. But classic vs. original coke? I have no idea! I'm not even sure I know where to find new coke.

Henry and Merc like this.
  2. BuddyHollywood

BuddyHollywood Gretschie

Sep 11, 2009
    Venice, CA
    Only a bridge Dynasonic needs to have "slightly hotter output than their vintage counterparts". I prefer the neck pickup to be "vastly less output than their vintage counterparts."

3. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I also prefer cane sugar but I actually don't like the Mexican Coke as much as it tastes sweeter to me - Classic Coke is more acidic and crisp on my tongue. Not sure if that is due to the type or amount of sweetener.

I drink Coke now maybe once every 3 months, usually when going to In n Out on a road trip.

My current soda of choice is Reed's Extra Ginger Ale, sweetened with honey and cane sugar.

Merc likes this.
  4. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    Apart from the latest pickup deviating from vintage-spec, Guild is apparently making some nice guitars.

5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It may be the fructose syrup or something else making it crisp. I’ve bought some of the imported Coke and found it to be normal, and other times a bit more flat. I know cane sugar is a sweetener. But it seems like for some reason it’s got a shorter lifespan and goes flat sooner. Although maybe it’s another ingredient causing the corn syrup to last longer or give it more bite.

Reeds sounds tasty. There’s so many micro soda companies out there now.

6. fsdphcorrigan

fsdphcorrigan Electromatic

Aug 30, 2019
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    Man Stoner : No, hey man, if we're gonna wear uniforms man, you know let's have everybody wear something different.

Pedro : Yea, that's it. Yea, we want something where everybody wears something different man, but the same, you know?

Cheech and Chong, Up in Smoke

7. MTurner

MTurner Friend of Fred

Aug 17, 2010
    Clayton, North Carolina, USA
    This all day long.

Merc likes this.
  8. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Yeah, its a wonderful consumer age. Aside from not putting crap like corn syrup in it, but actual food ingredients, they also tend to be much less sweet tasting and catered to adults. I'm not really a dessert person and many sweets are just too overwhelming for me. I actually get a sore throat when something is too sugary.

Merc and Rmccamey like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.