Is This How Guitars Will Made In the Future?

stevo

Friend of Fred
May 1, 2012
Atlanta
Imagine if all the guys who smashed their guitars onstage in the 1960’s had had guitars made of Legos.

It would have been easier on their guitar techs, who then only had to hire a passel of kids to reassemble the guitar & worked for Tootsie Rolls.

Yes!!! The stage would like like my basement when my kids were young. And I gotta say, legos hurt when you step on them barefoot.

dspellman

Gretschie
Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles
I was thinking more along the lines of 3D printed guitars in general not necessarily that design.

Whole bunches of stuff are being 3D printed. Welcome to 2022. Aircraft parts, houses, the whole shot.
That OP guitar looks uggerly, but a lot of "normal" looking guitars are already out there, done on 3D printers.

Probably half of my gear on Mars will be done from local raw materials and printed on the 3D printers we bring along.

Runamok

Country Gent
The whole enchilada
(sigh) So many new guitar builders out there.
Enchilda is not a brand I’ve encountered.

This guitar sinks or swims irrespective of how any of us feel about it.

If the Lego guitar weren’t quite so labor intensive & I had a workshop to equal the guy in the video, it’d be a fun project though the result didn’t sound so good.

Runamok

Country Gent
Whole bunches of stuff are being 3D printed. Welcome to 2022. Aircraft parts, houses, the whole shot.
That OP guitar looks uggerly, but a lot of "normal" looking guitars are already out there, done on 3D printers.

Probably half of my gear on Mars will be done from local raw materials and printed on the 3D printers we bring along.
I had my first encounter withh 3d printers about 20 years ago.
(yes, I was printed on a printer, but don’t spread it around).

What source material for the printers, then?
Those won’t need to be brought along?

Ever notice Scotty never runs out of paper at the 3D printer?

Prediction:
Martian factory guitars ordered from earth
won’t be shipped on Amazon Prime for free.

Last edited:

LeSainte

Gretschie
Oct 4, 2021
New York
I couldn't even get a 3D printed capo to work. I don't like the thought of my guitar bursting under string tension while I'm playing it.

But I'd play that before I shoot a 3D printed gun... Or a Glock... Same thing.

Runamok

Country Gent
I sure wouldn’t trust a gun.
Did you actually try printing a capo? Some assembly required?

What do you do, make it all out of spring steel?
Just because you can print entire assemblies, doesn’t mean everything can get made out of one material.

I couldn't even get a 3D printed capo to work. I don't like the thought of my guitar bursting under string tension while I'm playing it.

But I'd play that before I shoot a 3D printed gun... Or a Glock... Same thing.

LeSainte

Gretschie
Oct 4, 2021
New York
I sure wouldn’t trust a gun.
Did you actually try printing a capo? Some assembly required?

What do you do, make it all out of spring steel?
Just because you can print entire assemblies, doesn’t mean everything can get made out of one material.

There's a ratcheting capo model that I tried. That worked best. There's also a trigger capo model out there that I tried. There's a version that you're supposed to adhere a rubber pad to, and one that doesn't require it. I tried the latter.

They both sucked. A $10 capo off Amazon is better, but it was a fun adventure.

I encourage anyone with a 3D printer to give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

Latest posts