Is Embie up and running again?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by TheMicster, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Hi all just checking to see if Embie Concepts is operational again. I have read previous threads that they have taken orders and money but have not sent products out, have they gone or are they just behind in getting orders out due to the pandemic?
    Want to order some products but don't know what to do.
    Cheers Mic.

2. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    Not as afar as i know. My issue predated covid by several months. Try emailing them. Only order if they reply to your email. I went ahead and ordered despite their silence..... and then had to dispute it with paypal to get reimbursed months later

TheMicster likes this.
  3. Ricochet

Ricochet I Bleed Orange

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Honestly, I've never dealt with them myself, but after what I've read, they don't deserve anyone's business.

TheMicster likes this.
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Guess it depends on what you mean by up and running. They have been up, running and taking people's money. But as far as delivering product, they are down and comatose afaik.

TheMicster, Merc and mbkri like this.
  5. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I have no idea if they are. But if you send money my way I can likely give you the same quality service. :D

TheMicster and mbkri like this.
  6. JAP09

JAP09 Electromatic

Nov 12, 2019
    Atlanta, Ga
    Haha ain’t that the truth.

OP I tried to order from them at the end of last year. Placed an order thinking they were a functioning business, then received zero communication. Had to file a PayPal dispute and get my money back.

TheMicster and Merc like this.
  7. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    glad i went with tru-arc.

plus it’s nice to send money to indiana.

TheMicster likes this.
  8. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    We appreciate that!

mister rain and TheMicster like this.
  9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    It’s too bad, as nobody made anything like them. I was set to order a Bigsby saddle type, and a brass one for a future Falcon. I’m lucky to have two, and will buy anyone’s if they have one for sale.

As for Mat, wtf? I bought a set of bronze saddles in May last year and never received them. By the time I disputed it on PP, it was outside the time limit.

Merc and TheMicster like this.
  10. G5422T

G5422T Country Gent

May 24, 2012
    usa
    Not sure what happened. There were alot of folks loving their products, and talked well of the company.

Then, poof? Wondering myself of why the 180° turn?

TheMicster likes this.
  11. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Country Gent

Mar 6, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    What sucks and bewildering is Mat Wilson is a musician in several bands. He started Embie with his pops, it seems. Maybe there is a good reason for all this, but a simple email reply and refund would of been the right thing to do.

12. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Send some my way.

gtttrrr, mister rain and TheMicster like this.
  13. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Yeah, I would have been fine if there was some communication & a refund, but after a month & a half w/ no word on stuff that showed as in stock when I ordered I made several attempts to communicate via phone, email, & Facebook w/ no reply. PayPal had the same results apparently when they tried to contact them about my claim & refunded me.

Merc, TheMicster and mbkri like this.
  14. mbkri

mbkri Country Gent

Sep 22, 2012
    Chicago
    That website ought to come down or if they want to open up again some day they should stick a notice on the home page and disable the commerce functions. a simple courtesy and a half hour of effort at their end.
    A niche company that has great products that meet real needs....too bad.

TheMicster likes this.
  15. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Unfortunately, it seems to have gone from great business, to poor customer service, to outright fraud and thievery. I can forgive the middle one . . . .

16. How annoying, i just wanted to order a spare gold complete bridge for my Falcon along with some spare bronze and aluminum saddle's to try out.
    Is Gretsch still making the Syncro-sonic Melita?

17. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    i try to buy from hoosiers when i can.

i don’t miss the wabash, living as i do five blocks from the mississippi, but i do miss some of the people up there.

plus, the tru-arc folks are lovely. just like tvj, a real joy to do business with.

18. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    send me a rhodes. we’ll talk.

19. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    It sounds like maybe he and his pops had a falling out or maybe his father didn’t want to do it anymore. Not right either way. I would persist through other means for a refund to include Facebook. Maybe all that is owed either product or money should unite together. The site needs to be shut down before other victims fall prey. It sounds like there was almost another and how many do we not even know about that aren’t on this forum.

20. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm not a fan of a Rhodes. I have a Wurly instead---and I'll never get rid of that. Best true EP ever! I do have an extra Roland however.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.