I'm new to gretsch and ordered a white falcon

Baba Joe

Gretschie
Feb 17, 2010
new jersey
It doesn’t get much better than this! Congrats. For finger style you may next want to consider a Country Gentleman 6122-1959 which has a 1.75” nut. Come to think of it, the Duffy Falcon may have a wide neck too if you want to start a Falcon collection.:) Rest assured that your venture into Gretsch has just started. Welcome.

SAguitar

Country Gent
Jan 17, 2020
Jack Plate, Oregon
Holy Falcon! Nothing like starting at the top. My first electric guitar was a Les Paul Custom, so that's kind of a similar start. If this one ain't good enough for you, you won't likely find better.

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
Yeah, but it's all downhill from there.

Seriously, even if his next guitar is a custom shop Tele, that would be a Sears Silvertone guitar compared to his Custom Shop Falcon.
That’s a bit snobbish, yes? I have a CS ‘69 Stratocaster. What makes it special is fit and finish and attention to detail. It’s also remarkably quiet for a single coil guitar. Is the shielding better? No doubt. Do low wind hand wound pickups make a difference? I can’t say with certainty but I suspect do. And it has one thing that a CS Gretsch doesn’t. A CS Gretsch looks like any other Gretsch of the same model in the store unless customizations were ordered. My CS Strat looks like it was dragged half a mile behind a truck west of the dry line in Texas.

DannyB

Gretschie
Apr 26, 2019
Michigan
Welkom bij Gretsch Talk! You will love the Gretsch Falcon! It's one of their top of the line guitars and an iconic guitar! You will have to show us pictures when you get it!

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
lol, yeah well... I've been a guitar player for a long time, so it's more like always driving a Toyota and all of a sudden buying a Rolls Royce with all the custom options. Kidding aside, I'm very familiar with custom shop Fender guitars.
Lol you beat me to it.

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
That’s a bit snobbish, yes? I have a CS ‘69 Stratocaster. What makes it special is fit and finish and attention to detail. It’s also remarkably quiet for a single coil guitar. Is the shielding better? No doubt. Do low wind hand wound pickups make a difference? I can’t say with certainty but I suspect do. And it has one thing that a CS Gretsch doesn’t. A CS Gretsch looks like any other Gretsch of the same model in the store unless customizations were ordered. My CS Strat looks like it was dragged half a mile behind a truck west of the dry line in

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Well, I guess that'll do ... in a pinch. You're missing some knobs, a few switches, the tuning fork and mufflers. Probably doesn't have a backpad either ... but that's ok. You'll manage ... 🤔

7595-white-falcon-stereo-white-1973.jpg

Obviously, I'm kidding! Great way to start your Gretsch collection! Congrats and Welcome to the forum!

Last edited: