If your post is held for moderation . . .

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
. . . please do not take it as an insult. Because of the Chinese language spam problem, we have implemented some measures which will hopefully make things better for everyone. I’m not going to reveal the nature of the measures we took, but it means that occasionally a legitimate post will be held for moderation.

If this happens to you, please do not post about it publicly. If you have a question, feel free to PM me about it, and I’ll answer as soon as I can, but bringing attention to it may tip our hand to the spammers.

Synchro

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Feb 13, 2012
France
OK !

@Synchro : the Squier-Talk forum uses the same plateform as the Gretsch-Talk forum, and I never saw any Chinese spam attack there... They probably found a solution ?

A+!

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
No, we're not.

The voices may not be real, but they have some interesting ideas.
That just what I’d expect a paranoiac to say. :)

Poor Brian Wilson heard voices for years, and these voices threatened to harm him. What helped him the most was when his second wife asked him a simple question; “have they ever actually hurt you?” Brian Wilson lives a much better life now and, apparently, a little love and understanding can go a long way.

Synchro

Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
Those voices wrote a lot of truly great songs, though.
At least some of it may have stemmed from an abusive father whom pushed Brian to write for the sake of the family. I don’t have any way of knowing, but I suspect that many of Brian’s “voices” were the mental echoes of things his father had said to him.

Scott Fraser

Country Gent
Jan 14, 2012
Los Angeles
At least some of it may have stemmed from an abusive father whom pushed Brian to write for the sake of the family. I don’t have any way of knowing, but I suspect that many of Brian’s “voices” were the mental echoes of things his father had said to him.

And how wonderful that creativity triumphed over mental torture. He could have turned into a serial killer.

Latest posts