If you got a stimulus check, did you buy a guitar?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Jelly Roll Horton, Apr 13, 2021.

1. dspellman

dspellman Electromatic

Jul 4, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Nope. It's stimulating my Betterment account returns.

2. mr coffee

mr coffee Country Gent

Oct 7, 2009
    Houston
    I recently went the modelling route myself, I still can't believe I have the sound and feel of my whole rig in three rack spaces. Like you, I was growing weary of hauling a 100lb 4x12 and a 50lb head out and back for every rehearsal and gig. A rack, pedalboard and one wedge? Sounds good to me. I nearly went for the FM3 instead of the Axe-FX 3 and probably could have, but the allure of twice the processing power and more flexible ins & outs was too much to resist.

-m

3. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    I didn't buy a guitar, but I did finally buy a Catalinbread Talisman plate reverb pedal- found one in "New- Open Box" condtion for around $150 and jumped on it. I also made an extra house payment, and indulged another hobby I've been neglecting for a while- shooting. Bought a Springfield Armory XD .45. The rest went in the bank.

Dana Rudd likes this.
  4. gretsch-to-go

gretsch-to-go Gretschie

Oct 2, 2019
    Palm Coast, FL
    I banked the stimulus and figured that it paid for my gear purchases before the distribution. That way I could pay my bills with it.

5. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Ah, I see... Thanks @DougWheeler74 ! ;)

A+!

6. DangerousD

DangerousD Electromatic

Oct 15, 2020
    Colorado
    Bought some "junk" silver.

7. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Not enough room in the safe for any more guitars I'm afraid, and I have about six that I don't hardly play anyway (sad, I know).
    As with all my money, the stimulus went into the brokerage account.... I want to retire before I'm dead.
    Fingers crossed!

8. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

Smith and Wesson M&P 15. Heavy barrel, Magpul furniture including collapsible stock and bipod, red and green dot optics, and three 30 round magazines for $700. Got it out of Georgia and had it shipped to a FFL nearby where I went in and filled out the necessary paperwork. Gave it to my wife so that we now have his and hers. It was simply too good a deal to pass up.

Now if I could only find a G30 for a decent price...

mr coffee likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.