If I had a time machine

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
Ok If I had a time machine. Where and What would i do?
We know from three of the GREATEST movies ever made (Back to the Future I,II,III) that interaction to change the future will upset the space-time continuum so getting rid of bad people or tragedy's is out, and no you cant save your fav guitar from breaking the head stock.
But if you had a time machine Where, What would you do?
Go see a World Series, Super bowl, Space launch, Woodstock, The Beatles on Ed Sullivan?
I would use it daily lol. I would go see concerts I wish I could have seen.
Albert King tonight, B B King tomorrow, Freddie King, Dean Martin, The Rat pack at the Sands, Probably a couple three shows a day,
Three Albert shows in one day at three different venues lol,
If he played Ill be dog gone in concert 100 times I go to everyone just to hear it !!
So what are you doing, where are you going?
0-Movie-Poster.jpg

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
Watch a movie. Play a record. Read a book. We’re not going back. Quantum mechanics won’t allow it. Entropy won’t allow it. Time’s arrow points in one direction only.
Lol, I will agree. I wont even get on a plane so BTTF II & III's flying locomotive time machines are out for me ...
This is more like if I had a million dollars I would questions.
It aint gonna happen but If it did I would .....

Zeek

Country Gent
May 29, 2016
Illinois USA
I’d go back and hang with my Grandma; ain’t no movie, concert or attraction better than that.
Ya I would like to hang with both my grandfathers as the passed when I was young but ...
That will upset the space-time continuum.
So just like in the present I will have no interaction with anyone and watch the show alone ... Then leave

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
There are certainly decisions I would have made differently, had I known then, what I know now. Time travel makes for great fiction, but if you could actually go back in time, you would also lose that knowledge you would like to be able to apply to decisions you made in the past.

So, let’s suppose that you made a poor investment with your retirement fund, and lost money, because of a decision you made three years ago. If you traveled back three years, you would almost certainly make the same decision, because if you literally traveled back in time three years, you would only know the same things as you knew three years ago, and you’d repeat the choice.

Are there musicians I wish I could have seen? Sure! Chicago, BB King, SRV, Buck and the Buckaroos. Strangely, as the years pass, I find myself less inclined to think about opportunities lost. I’m here, it’s today, and I can only live this moment in time.

ramjac

Synchromatic
Aug 14, 2011
Wisconsin

Back in ’82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

I’m dead serious…How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?… Yeah… If Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would’ve been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. I’d have gone pro…in a heartbeat. I’d be makin’ millions of dollars and… livin’ in a… big ol’ mansion somewhere.

juks

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2020
Fremont, California
There are certainly decisions I would have made differently, had I known then, what I know now. Time travel makes for great fiction, but if you could actually go back in time, you would also lose that knowledge you would like to be able to apply to decisions you made in the past.

So, let’s suppose that you made a poor investment with your retirement fund, and lost money, because of a decision you made three years ago. If you traveled back three years, you would almost certainly make the same decision, because if you literally traveled back in time three years, you would only know the same things as you knew three years ago, and you’d repeat the choice.

Are there musicians I wish I could have seen? Sure! Chicago, BB King, SRV, Buck and the Buckaroos. Strangely, as the years pass, I find myself less inclined to think about opportunities lost. I’m here, it’s today, and I can only live this moment in time.
"I’m here, it’s today, and I can only live this moment in time."

The recipe to happiness. You can't change the past, future isn't here yet. You need to enjoy today. That's what you have.

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine

Back in ’82, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

I’m dead serious…How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?… Yeah… If Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would’ve been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind. I’d have gone pro…in a heartbeat. I’d be makin’ millions of dollars and… livin’ in a… big ol’ mansion somewhere.
D3100845-1569-4EC5-80ED-D91EC0B91E92.gif

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
I’d go to 42nd St in NYC and spend a month hopping from movie theater to movie theater and watch every crazy exploitation/horror/adult/spaghetti-western/king fu movie showing. Anytime between 1970 and 1980 would be fine with me.
View attachment 183950
It was a dump back then ...believe me . Lived it . The only movie theaters in Times Square back then were against forum rules especially late 70s , early 80s