IDEA!! Ultimate Rockabilly Machine

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by JohnnySlapback, Dec 8, 2015.

1. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
  2. JohnnySlapback

JohnnySlapback Gretschie

Dec 27, 2010
    Seattle
    The first pic is a mock up of my final goal. I'm not certain where I am going to put the knobs and switches. And I found an old CRT TV at the thrift store in the form of a Karaoke machine. I got it out and am almost ready to try to hook up the wires to some kind of 1/4 cable thing to see if I can't get it to do the oscilloscope thing. SO stoked that it is actually happening. I was so glad when I clipped all the wires I didn't think it would need, and then pulled out what I thought i would need, and then I plugged it in and I could hear it turn on and then that nice harsh white glow :) So great
    I also finally found the perfect tuner for the other hole in the box. But I'll have to make dummy batteries so that it can be powered AC instead of with AAAs.

Attached Files:

G DynaTron, Henry and iowa like this.
  3. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I have a feeling this is gonna be cool.....

4. OldCowHand

OldCowHand Country Gent

Sep 24, 2015
    Kent, England.
    Brilliant!

5. JohnnySlapback

JohnnySlapback Gretschie

Dec 27, 2010
    Seattle
    I am still plucking away on this every once in a while. I'm trying to figure out why the waves of one of the poles won't go very high. In the video you can see that they plateau at a certain height. I'm also still trying to get some kitty to buy some more stuff. I can see this project taking a while but it is SO fun!

"

The video is quiet but the song is something by Daft Punk. The techno stuff looks the coolest

cowmoo likes this.
  6. Dead Roman

Dead Roman Country Gent

Dec 22, 2015
    Texas
    Thays pretty cool bro.

7. JohnnySlapback

JohnnySlapback Gretschie

Dec 27, 2010
    Seattle
    Wow. It's been a while since I've made any progress but I finally figured out how to turn on my weird tuner thing from the front of the box. Now I need to figure out how to power everything and have it isolated. AND how to run signal to the tuner with a buffer. I may have to ditch the whole CRT thing, i'm quickly losing space inside the box.

I am more and more wishing that someone would do this legit. I know tavo is rocking it with the Detroit Casket, I also would love too see something done with in a "on top of amp" form, like the iconic 301 thing. Something that has a delay, a preamp and a tuner all in one. I still can't find it so I will continue to fiddle with this abomination of a project :)

cowmoo likes this.
  8. JohnnySlapback

JohnnySlapback Gretschie

Dec 27, 2010
    Seattle
    Pretty much done! I finally bought a nice solder station and just went ham. I got the delay, pre-amp and tuner all hooked up and ready to rock. The switch on the top right switches between the tuner and the pedals. The other three switches just turn on the pedals and tuner.

Big shout outs to Scott Linstead for all the help he gave me with this project! I hope Setzer nerds follow in my footsteps and create their own Rockabilly Machines!!

cowmoo, OldCowHand and Henry like this.
  9. rocker

rocker Electromatic

Sep 3, 2009
    zurich
    Hell yeah!

10. s_linste

s_linste Gretschie

May 31, 2014
    Quebec
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.