I saw a childhood classmate on TV who became a lovely actress

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by ZackyDog, Dec 1, 2020.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Nice!
    Moosehead is real pretty.
    I’ve performed at Geno’s literally over a 100 times in the last 20 years in probably 20 different bands.
    It used to be in a basement on Brown St, and it moved to it’s current location back in 05 I think. I even had a girlfriend who tended bar there for several years back i the early 00’s.
    Back in my drinking days I practically lived there. Since putting the bottle down I’ve only gone there to play or watch Rock shows.
    I’ve even acted in a few plays that were put on their stage.
    My last gig there before the lockdown was playing Lux Lives back in February.
    Since the world ended last March, it’s been closed of course. The owner Geno Jr has sold it to some other folks. I have no idea what the new regime will do with it. They claim they’re gonna keep it the way it is, let’s hope that’s true!

Here we are playing a show last New Years Eve:

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  3. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thats awesome!
    Love it!

4. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    Eugene Lockhart, former middle linebacker of the Cowboys, Patriots, and Gamblers, is from Crockett, TX. He was several years older than me, so I never knew him. But I went to school with his brothers. Claude Riley (nicknamed The Crockett Rocket) played college basketball at Texas A & M, and was drafted by the 76ers, but never played in the NBA. He played professionally in the Spanish and Italian leagues. I see him in the grocery store every once in a while. And Kenny Rogers' mom, Miss Lucille, is buried here in Evergreen Memorial Cemetery.

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Lots of celebs live or have a place here in my township , and I've met a few along the way as an Animal Control Officer

Bill Murray ( I've met , you can keep him )
    Di Di Conn ( also met and there should be a 1000 more people in the world like her , she's a sweetheart )
    Chuck Barris ( deceased , but I've met his widow )
    Al Pacino ( I actually gave him a summons once )
    Cheta Reveria ( sweetheart )
    Charlie Callas ( I put him in the category with Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters
    Tom Chapin ( Harry Chapin's brother )

ZackyDog, MrWookiee and tartanphantom like this.
  6. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Don't forget the ghost of John André. ;)
    I know, I know... the non-history buffs are saying, "Who?"

wabash slim and thunder58 like this.
  7. MrWookiee

MrWookiee Gretschie

Jun 17, 2020
    SoCal, USA
    The Doobie Brothers (and later, Micky Dolenz) lived in my Mother's area, where she was a bank teller. Sometime in the mid-late 1970s Mom came home and said that one of the Doobies had come into her bank and she served him. I asked which one, and she said it was "the one with the long hair". I said, "Thanks, Mom, that really narrows it down."

section2, thunder58 and Groutsch like this.
  8. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    So, it would probably come down to either Patrick Simmons or Jeff "Skunk" Baxter if I had to guess... they had the longest hair in the group.

9. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    You've been to my town ? Seems you're well aware . Lots of Revolutionary War history in my town of Tappan , New York . I'll be at the "76 House Restaurant " tonight . That's where they tried / jailed Andre . They hung him to a tree just up the street too but buried in England ,
    Check out on line the " DeWindt House " in Tappan , NY too . I could walk there , Tartan , do you know about the WWII Camp Shanks Village too . I live in the old military officers housing .

tartanphantom likes this.
  10. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    @tartanphantom While at the '76 House tonight , they have my favorite home-brewed , "76 Ale . I'll have one for ya ....cheers

panhead6zero and tartanphantom like this.
  11. afire

afire Country Gent

It took me a second to figure out how I knew that name - Turn: Washington's Spies. After reading that Wikipedia article, it would seem that his portrayal on that show was not very faithful. They played him as quite dastardly, downright moustache twirling if he had a moustache. He sounds more like a guy with whom you'd like to have an Armagnac.

tartanphantom likes this.
  12. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Christina Aguilera went to my high school (many years after I graduated) in Pittsburgh. Prior to her, I was the most famous North Allegheny HS graduate. ;)

13. thunder58

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I had heard that some guy in my high school became a Gretsch-Talk moderator and is still the coolest kid in the cafeteria :p:p

14. Mark W

Mark W Country Gent

Jun 6, 2008
    Central Florida
    They weren't famous but two of my aunts lived in Old Orchard Beach.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  15. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I’ve never even been to NY, so you must be mistaken. :)

thunder58, section2 and tartanphantom like this.
  16. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I wuz just gonna say... :D

thunder58 likes this.
  17. tartanphantom

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yes. I was very young, but I've been there. I lived in Berkeley Heights NJ for about 3.5 years as a child-- my dad was working in Manhattan at the time. He was a big history buff, and it kind of rubbed off on me. My family spent most of our vacations jaunting about New England visiting historical sites. If it's a significant Revolutionary War site between Virginia and Maine, then I've probably been there... including the DeWint house-- (Washington's headquarters).

Sorry, not familiar with Shanks Village, since it came after the Revolution.:p

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    thunder58 likes this.
  18. wildeman

wildeman Gretschified

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Next project, Adventures in Sardineland.;)
    I'm totally picturing a bizzare theme park.
    Have you ever seen Cloudy with a chance of meatballs?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    MrWookiee likes this.
  19. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Whoa he looked like a 40 year old psycho in high school!

20. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    He was very mature for his age. ;)

Henry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.