I often have to laugh or moan. This made my day.

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by pilgrim, Jul 16, 2021.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim Country Gent

Jun 15, 2010
    Mississippi
  2. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Beauty. This one is good too!

[​IMG]

3. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Jeff67 likes this.
  4. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    And I wonder what kind of world Willie and Keef will leave Cher?

mrfixitmi, loudnlousy, Jeff67 and 2 others like this.
  5. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    What about Betty White?

mrfixitmi, GlenP and Sabato like this.
  6. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

That made my day too, thank you!

mrfixitmi likes this.
  7. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Well ... I think, for their age, they both look extremely well.

mrfixitmi and loudnlousy like this.
  8. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Maybe you mean "for their lifestyle"..... Keith looks excellent for 150, or two years post-mortem.

Randy99CL and mrfixitmi like this.
  9. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    No, I really think that, for being 76, he looks good.

I mean ... it isn't that long ago that people died in their seventies and it was perfectly normal that they did so. Not reaching eighty was nothing special, the smoking alone took many people well under that age...

For their lifestyle ... well, maybe even more. But looking a bit deeper - many things are only shortening your lifespan if done under improper conditions, and that, you can avoid if you're rich. Opioides aren't known to cause a decrease of lifespan (except OD'ing them, which, sure, does), it's the conditions in which the most potent ones are often used that impose a real threat onto the user. Mixed with whatever that isn't good for you either, unclear dose, these things are the real danger in them. Being rich helps avoiding this, and therefore, surviving.

Also - the phase of addiction is, in Keith's case, some 40 years ago. That isn't even true anymore, so to say...

10. Sabato

Sabato Country Gent

Mar 22, 2019
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    Neanderthal:
    [​IMG]

Merc and mrfixitmi like this.
  11. mrfixitmi

mrfixitmi Country Gent

Mar 20, 2010
    Michigan
    According to my mortuary major niece, she thinks the secret is both Keith and Willie have already been embalmed.

thunder58 and Sabato like this.
  12. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    They've been pickled!

13. dlew919

dlew919 Synchromatic

Jul 18, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    apparently Iggy pop was part of an experiment that saw him injected with embalming fluid

mrfixitmi likes this.
  14. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Ah!
    It's not just about living forever, Jackie. The trick is still living with yourself forever.

images (1).jpeg

mrfixitmi and Sabato like this.
  15. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    LOL.... growing up an adult neighbor was quite the drinker . Sometimes he's come over and in the middle of a sentence he's just close his eyes and doze off . My father would would look at me and always say right then and there in a loud voice ...." that's because the guys brain is pickled in alcohol " ... and then I'd giggle
    Thank for the laugh doc

DennisC likes this.
  16. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    That may happen. Not everyone handles this well...

OTOH, I have a grandaunt, married my oldest directly-related granduncle (oldest brother of my Grandpa, I didn't really know him, died 1986 or 1988 because he feared the surgery that would have aimed at saving him ... he also was a Pervitin-user since WW2, which basically is similar to the meth known today) ... hehe, they met in a hospital towards the end of WW2, and then, somehow, found out there might be a reason to marry.

She is a moderately dosed, but daily drinker (I think half to whole bottle of wine a day or so), has been for at least 30 years, and she's just fine. She's also 97 years old, so no one would consider her to stop without her intention, which she doesn't have ... why bother with withdrawal effects and all that if you're almost 100 years old? To some people, it seems, it isn't as bad as to others. I'm no priest of sobriety either, I just don't like alcohol.

+ she's the only person I know of who got a car key stolen by a magpie ... had to drive home with someone else to get a replacement.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
    thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.