I miss being in the gretsch club! thoughts on this guitar?

bluenote23

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 17, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I think Gretsch guitars are great and I have 2 Sparkle Jets but, at least in Canadian dollars, that is not a great deal. Maybe in Europe, Gretsch guitars are a lot more expensive than in America but that is, to me, pretty close to New price.

Of course, I haven't bought a guitar since 2014 so maybe my perspective is skewed.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
I think Gretsch guitars are great and I have 2 Sparkle Jets but, at least in Canadian dollars, that is not a great deal. Maybe in Europe, Gretsch guitars are a lot more expensive than in America but that is, to me, pretty close to New price.

Of course, I haven't bought a guitar since 2014 so maybe my perspective is skewed.
I was thinking the same thing. I love the Jet but think the price is right at what it cost when new. Maybe suggest a lower price to the seller.

WannaGretsch

Gretschie
Oct 23, 2012
ALASKA
it's always been a dream to have a green sparkle jet, never had the funds and never really seen one before. as for the chip in the back, do you know what stain matchless the color? or who to ask on here for touch up like that? I can do the rest like filling will lacquer e.t.c
Custom Shop would charge $300 for that chip!! I would leave it myself to document the history of the guitar. You would have to find someone who really knows wood and stain to match that. Better hurry, someone might snag it!! LOL!

GOOBALL JEFF

Synchromatic
Oct 1, 2019
london
tried to buy it and card ended up being declined from bank, now I have a blocked card and the lovely British bank will not unblock it! stuck in sweden cardless! cannot believe my luck, guitar is not happing, even food shopping is not happing until I resolve this stupid situation...

WannaGretsch

Gretschie
Oct 23, 2012
ALASKA
tried to buy it and card ended up being declined from bank, now I have a blocked card and the lovely British bank will not unblock it! stuck in sweden cardless! cannot believe my luck, guitar is not happing, even food shopping is not happing until I resolve this stupid situation...
Ouch!! That sucks the long dong big time!! Hope you get it straightened out soon!!