I Did It Myself - Tube Bridge

MonteSS

Electromatic
Apr 9, 2022
Quinte West, Ont, Can
Years ago I made an aluminum rocking tube bridge(prototype) for my Tenn Rose. It was thick wall extruded tube that I formed to 12" radius with the compensated saddle string breakover. I didn't do an A-B comparison but it sounded great- a clear balanced tone. Time allowing I may make one for my, yet to be acquired, 5420. I tried all sorts of ideas for a 12" radius finally discovering that LP records are 12"..haa. I may have a pic somewhere.

SLICKFASTER

Country Gent
Dec 29, 2009
USA
Ya man, pics.. sounds cool… if there not too spendy I’d rock one…
I use cheep TOM bridges.
I intonate em and crazy glue em up to stop the rattling…
Luck on your build!!

MonteSS

Electromatic
Apr 9, 2022
Quinte West, Ont, Can
Most of the chrome was tarnished - but it did shine up nicely with a little effort. The bridge was flattened on the bottom surface to return to 'Whammy' neutral position. The top holes were elongated to allow rocking. The action was low and no buzz.

Papa Dafoe

Electromatic
Mar 23, 2022
British Columbia
Years ago I made an aluminum rocking tube bridge(prototype) for my Tenn Rose. It was thick wall extruded tube that I formed to 12" radius with the compensated saddle string breakover. I didn't do an A-B comparison but it sounded great- a clear balanced tone. Time allowing I may make one for my, yet to be acquired, 5420. I tried all sorts of ideas for a 12" radius finally discovering that LP records are 12"..haa. I may have a pic somewhere.
I hope you haven’t used that template yet. LP records are 12” in diameter, They have a 6” radius.