How they grow

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Bertotti, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    So back in December I found a kitten starving with gang green in foot and a tear on her belly. Well she is all fixed up and one crazy cat. Growing well!

56AAAF12-7AF2-4598-A7C8-56D1044288A8.jpeg D00DC6CE-B86C-4125-B482-8AE2B8C6012D.jpeg E204F5BC-CD5E-458F-B533-9C4BECB547C5.jpeg FBD337EC-E3E6-43CB-B90B-05C71DFF9260.jpeg

2. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I appreciate the update on this. You did a good thing.

Bertotti likes this.
  3. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I’m a sucker for animals. The vet told me I should probably get my rabies vaccine because of the way I am. Now I have badgers rooting around my yard. I can’t play with them. And they are decimating the ground squirrel and mole population. They were reallly becoming an issue. Not so much now. And now that they are almost gone the badgers will move on.

Waxhead likes this.
  4. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    It’s always something, with animals.

Bertotti likes this.
  5. afire

afire Country Gent

Atta boy! And what a cute little buddy. I really need a cat one of these days.

That is wise. Badgers are not to be messed with.
    [​IMG]

Waxhead, Henry and Bertotti like this.
  6. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Ever seen one dig! It is amazing how much dirt they can move. Once they scent a mole or ground squirrel they won’t stop digging until they get it! I have some large holes out here now. Last check showed them caving in so maybe they have finally moved on. I give them some time but with a family I can’t have them living here permanently. Much to dangerous next to the house.

Waxhead likes this.
  7. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    We don need no steenkin badgers!

We just got a new miniature house panther. She's about three months old, feisty and very inquisitive. Four cats, one dog, two kids. It's busy around here.

Bertotti likes this.
  8. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    You gotta have a house panther. :)

wabash slim, Jeff67 and Bertotti like this.
  9. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    That's a cute cat!

Last weekend I had to take two home finch babies to the wildlife rehabilitation center. They showed up at my front door. Probably fell out of the nest too soon. I never saw mommy around so the next day I put them in a box and drove to the center. They'll release them once they grow up. We have cats in the neighborhood so they would not have survived even if the mommy was around. Nothing against cats, its their nature to hunt.

20210724_163353.jpg

Waxhead, OzzPocket and Bertotti like this.
  10. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Again , I approve this thread :)

IMG_1971.JPG

Waxhead, Robbie, Randy99CL and 5 others like this.
  11. OzzPocket

OzzPocket Synchromatic

Aug 11, 2020
    NYS
    Nice! I think both you (Bertotti) and Juks should have some good Karma coming your way. :)

juks and Bertotti like this.
  12. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    My house Jaguar and Moo cow were both from the pound. My wife sent me a link to tue black on his name was Binks, from one of my favorite shows and we were catless at the time. So we went in but he was no where to be found. So tue kids picked Moo cow aka Baxter, and as we were filling in the paper work O mentioned I came in for Binks but he must have been adopted already. No, she says he is in isolation for a kitty cold so I want to see him? Yes says I, so we go to the room and she opens the cage. I raised one arm and he walked up my arm and laid across my shoulders. She says I have never seen that before, I guess he is going home with you also. Sometimes things just work out. And the little one just got up from one of the many cat naps. I wish I could do that. 19F14308-403B-4EE1-9CA6-591165A09DAA.jpeg 952CBAF7-E445-451F-A217-9D7D18DCE5C5.jpeg BC33665A-11C8-49E3-A2C5-11F05F86421B.jpeg

Waxhead, JC higgy, audept and 3 others like this.
  13. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    She weighs about a pound and will push the other three away from their food bowls. She's discovered how to jump and climb. Nothing's safe...

Bertotti likes this.
  14. DougWheeler74

DougWheeler74 Gretschie

Jul 10, 2019
    NE Wisconsin, US

GO BUCKY!!!

15. Synchro

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    Sounds like fun. :)

16. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    This made my day yesterday. What a nice gesture to send a postcard to inform you that the rescue animal has been released back to wild. Above in the thread the pic of them back in July.

20210917_081054.jpg 20210917_081118.jpg

Waxhead and Bertotti like this.
  17. juks

juks Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2020
    Fremont, California
    Screenshot_20210917-082123_Instagram.jpg This is likely them 10 days before release.

Waxhead and Bertotti like this.
  18. radd

radd Country Gent

Dec 27, 2017
    Playing guitar
    Great cat pics.

I must admit I’m a dog guy, never been big on cats but I live with this guy, Gus, who has been changing my mind.

Gus is 18 or so yrs old and since he no longer has the quickness to be the ferocious mouser he once was he has become a cuddle monster.

23AF0CE5-6567-4701-ADB5-267F2B937458.jpeg

new6659, Waxhead, juks and 2 others like this.
  19. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Critters are funny! @juks thats great!

a couple days ago my boss called and the newest cat decide it was time for a kiss. I saw her coming so had my phone camera on and speaker phone on. She jumps up on a stool climbs up on my chest and I snap the picture. Laughed my bottom off.
    F814D7C7-B3C6-4459-906C-980001D148C6.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021 at 4:35 PM
    new6659, Waxhead, juks and 1 other person like this.
  20. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Big thanks to Bertotti for saving this cat and to all the others doing their bit to rescue animals.

I'm returning the little Jack Russel dog I was minding for 18 months to his owner.
    Sprout's owner was oversees and she's now returned to Aust after finally being able to purchase a plane ticket home.

So I've been in the market for a new dog.

I was initially looking to get a rescue dog and save a life, but I found Covid has had one very good effect here in my State. There's been a huge increase in dog/cat ownership here over past 18 months as people spend much more time at home and need companions. Dog ownership has gone thru the roof here and there are no homeless dogs looking for a forever home now in my state - great news for dogs and cats :D

So I decided to get a puppy and will be getting "Rocky" in 2 weeks time.
    He's an 8 week old black Labradoodle - perfect breed for me due to being non shedding, super smart, loves water, have no genetic health issues, friendly to all and needs lots of exercise. I'll enjoy training Rocky well and taking him surfing :cool:

One of the strange things for us foreigners (about thte US) is that it's allowed in many US states to keep exotic animals from Africa, Sth America etc - big cats and the like. Simply not allowed here.
    Check out this Vet and owner with a Spotted Hyena :D:eek:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021 at 6:02 PM
    juks and Bertotti like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.