How many guitars do you own?

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Jul 29, 2020.

1. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Thank you.
    But I still miss the real thang, a full hollow body Gretsch. Problem is my stand is full and my wife has ruled "one in, one out". And I cannot decide which one should go. Or if I'd better try to mob my wife until "only one more and final one and that's it" is OK.

radd and Merc like this.
  2. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I honestly don't want a lot of guitars around. A few good ones and I am perfectly happy. I actually think I have too many now.

radd and Merc like this.
  3. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    30-ish, same answer for both questions.
    I've given away a few guitars, but I've never sold one, and I've never been a flipper.

Merc likes this.
  4. otisblove

otisblove Electromatic

May 11, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Right now I own 15. I think the most I’ve owned at one time is 15. I ordered a Warmoth body and neck a month ago, so maybe that number will change soon.

Merc likes this.
  5. JC higgy

JC higgy Friend of Fred

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Most guitars owned at one time = 19

Current number of guitars owned = 19

I'm pretty sure there will be more,how many more is anyone's guess,but not many.

Merc likes this.
  6. rob batz

rob batz Country Gent

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    3 max , currently 2 , and too many to count over a period of 9 years

Merc likes this.
  7. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    1- Too many
    2- Four, can see it heading to three

Merc likes this.
  8. panhead6zero

panhead6zero Synchromatic

Jan 17, 2015
    The Motor City
    Had 6 at one time. Now have 5, 3 electric, a lap steel and one acoustic. Since I bought a Setzer Hot Rod, I am not buying another guitar until I get REALLY REALLY REALLY good!! I sold a MIM Tele that was great but I never played it. But sometimes I wish I woulda kept it!

Merc likes this.
  9. BFTmarshall

BFTmarshall Gretschie

Jan 12, 2020
    York
    24 guitars & 3 basses, finally have the balance was looking for. I record a lot,variety is nice. It stays at this leve l& i hone in more specific as musical needs change

Merc and Groutsch like this.
  10. CalicoSkies

CalicoSkies Gretschie

Nov 18, 2019
    Hillsboro, OR, USA
    I think the most I've owned at one time is 5. Currently I have 4.. I haven't played guitar much lately and I almost forgot I have that many right now. My guitars:
    - 2014 G&L USA Comanche (blue burst)
    - Strat partscaster that I put together in 2015 (transparent blue over ash body)
    - Yamaha APX700II acoustic guitar that I bought in 2012
    - Gretsch G5420T that I bought in November 2019 (Fairlane Blue) - I think it's a 2018, but it was on clearance since it was still new in the store

Merc likes this.
  11. Echocat23

Echocat23 Electromatic

Jan 4, 2018
    Kansas City
    4 at one time. At that is now
    2000 6120 SSUGR
    1990S Alveraz Regent( unplayable)
    2018 6120 Hot Rod
    2019 Parlor Penguin

Merc likes this.
  12. GreTschocaster

GreTschocaster Gretschie

Feb 11, 2013
    Canada
    Not home right now but I counted 17 in my head.

Merc likes this.
  13. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

16 max
    14 now

Merc likes this.
  14. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Dunno. Lost track at 85. Still dunno.

15. Andrew Griffin

Andrew Griffin Synchromatic

Oct 22, 2015
    uh oh- not sure...bad sign... let's count;
    1. Gretsch square neck resonator because I hope to someday get within the correct zipcode of a note when using a slide. Until then I play fretted resos to learn the open tunings
    2. Steel bodied Gretsch reso in open G because it sounds so silvery and beautiful
    3. Brass bodied Gretsch reso because it has such a lovely, almost banjo-like tone, usually left in open d
    4. Spider cone Gretsch reso plywood body for the twang
    5. Biscuit cone reso Gretsch because it sounds so soulful nd I love the 1.75 at the nut neck on the resos
    6. New Yorker for the woody tone and the 1.75 neck. Some days this is my favorite guitar plugged in, and fun acoustic too. Real loud when thrashed with a pick but i usually play with my fingers
    7. G400 - a beauty with an almost piano like tone
    8. G1oo- I like the single pickup on this and I fool round trying to create a "jazz tone"
    9. Rancher Jumbo- love the neck and probably play it the most of any instrument
    10. 6120- this covid problem mens my girlfriend almost never leaves the property so I can't crank it up, but such a nice guitar to play. Keep it in standard
    11. 5420 - usually left in D tuning, and I intend to put some dynasonics in it
    12. 5191 in black with TVJ classics - a beater, but I love the tone and feel of this guitar and it's size suits me
    13. 5191 in "mn salmon"- mint, with the best sounding Black Top filtertrons in it. I want ll my blcktops to sound this way and my goal is to learn how to make that happen
    14. 5622T for the pickup, which sounds single coily and different from blacktops
    15 5422 which I intend to modify with a different pickup
    16 Gretsch baritone for the baritone- sometimes it's my fvorits
    17. 2 electromtic jets, one with blacktops, one with broadtrons.

I had a Takamini but I "thinned the herd." lol. I need 'em all, I play 'em all and it's cheaper than therapy

16. JHowdy

JHowdy Country Gent

Nov 16, 2013
    Finland
    I know that feeling. I've got stuff I'd like to get rid off (not guitars yet), but trying to sell them feels like a mission impossible. So I've just given away some things that I don't need anymore. Even furniture.

Merc likes this.
  17. Hmmm, Ok.
    2 Acoustics, 3.5 Electrics, 2 Ukes, 1 Banjo.

Merc likes this.
  18. guitarfarm

guitarfarm Country Gent

These are my main ones. Also, a Les Paul and two more acoustics that did not make this picture.

guitars.JPG

drmilktruck, Andrew Griffin and Merc like this.
  19. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Finland has a population of 5,541,417. As of 2018 there were 2,835,000 Facebook users in Finland and its likely higher now. Try Facebook marketplace as you have the potential to reach half your population. My wife sells stuff on it all the time. You could then use the extra money to +up and buy a new Gretsch.

https://napoleoncat.com/stats/facebook-users-in-finland/2018/09

JHowdy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.