How many guitars did we buy between us in 2021?

How many guitars did you buy between 1/1/21 and 12/31/21

• Total voters

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Feb 13, 2012
France
I just notice that they don't have a lefty truss rod cover! Gotta admit, I'm a little surprized for Duesenberg. LoL.

That's true for the Duesenberg - and yes, @Henry : at such a price range, the Truss-Rod cover should have been Lefty ! :mad:

I can redesign a LH TR cover, but since it is a die-cast, it's somewhat complicated...

I know an old Guy (excellent mandolin player by the way) who was an artisanal founder of precious metals, sepcialized in medals, trophys, crucifix, etc... He still have all the tools to work in his shed. Now he's 90, so I am somewhat reluctant o_O - unless he "hires" me for the occasion to help him ! ;)

Otherwise, I can design one and have it engraved - inspired with one of the original logos of Duesenberg Cars (not the guitars) - particularly this Art-Deco one :cool: :

aa9715d76652319784e1b31fae14344a.jpg

A+!

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
73 responders (or slightly less assuming a few bought more than 15 and had to enter twice) bought 166 guitars. And lots of responders bought none. Which may or may not be interesting.

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
You need zero as a choice. I spent nothing on guitars. Let’s not talk about snares and cymbals or wood working equipment.

Davono

Electromatic
Jan 7, 2022
Ireland
I voted 5,4,3 and 1. Cos I got 13. I was trying to get 2 free guitars, and I did it. Buy a rough second hand squier or fender, set it up, get it working and sell on. Managed to get a grand in profit. I am not in a financial position to be having much outlay, but I did get to have a lot of guitars in my hands and hone my tastes. And got these 2 for nothing. I sold some p90',s, a bass overdrive pedal and a set of kluson tuners for my starter cash. Both bought new. IMG_20220101_102210.jpg

Davono

Electromatic
Jan 7, 2022
Ireland
I didn't buy any guitars but I did buy parts and assembled this Telecaster as my Lockdown 2020 - 2021 project. I chose "1". I also bought a Yamaha digital piano for my wife that my daughter has been playing more lately.
View attachment 173370
Nice. I did a jazzmaster. Might do a Tele next.

Attachments

• IMG_20220106_111838.jpg
    IMG_20220106_111838.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 3

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Voted 4. But one of mine was sent back, replacement didn't arrive until 2022, so do I change my vote to 3? Do I count the replacement for 2022? Do I count both? :D
Oooh thats a toughy. I live in Chicago. I say vote early and vote often. 4 in 2021 AND one already in 2022.

Glaw

Gretschie
Aug 30, 2017
ca.
79D4EC2F-1F96-4213-9E04-D6428A010B5F.jpeg It’s been a great year as far guitar acquisitions go. Retired a year and a half ago and figured it was time to stop saving and start spending. The thought was globe trotting with the wife but with the virus it’s only been some Ca. trips. So guitars it was and no buyers remorse on any of them. The Falcon was technically 2020 Christmas but it wanted to be in the picture. The last purchase was 4 months ago so I think I have it under control now:rolleyes:.

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
@Storkotech im so sorry to hear that. I hope that 2022 sees you in better spirits and has good things in store. No amount of guitars can ever account for the pain and torment that befals us from time to time. Wishing you well in the months ahead.

Butch Ammon

Gretschie
Jan 3, 2016
Richmond, VA
I took advantage of those crazy Black Friday Sales from the online guitar company Sweetwater...

I stumbled upon a gloss black Fender Player Stratocaster, and the price was (at that very moment) at a ridiculous sale price... I had no choice. I did it. You know how it is... I just had to! I'll beg forgiveness from my wife later. :D

I could have bought another Gretsch, but then, my beautiful 5122 does everything I need as is. My old, well worn, 1995 MIM standard Stratocaster was showing its age, worn frets, intonation issues, etc... so I decided to take the plunge and get another far better upgraded Strat. As I type this, my old '95 Strat is now tuned in Open G with the bridge raise way up, making it into a dedicated slide guitar.

0144502506_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Edit: I kind of look at it as two of the very best types of guitars. A hollow body Gretsch and a solid body Strat. Both have their own unique sound.
Clean sounds, Rockabilly, Beatles, etc.... My beautiful Gretsch 5122.
Rock, Blues/Rock, Hard Rock, etc.... My new 2012 Fender Player Strat.
Blues and "old school" bar room honky tonk slide guitar: My old '95 Fender Strat.

Last edited: