How many guitars did we buy between us in 2021?

How many guitars did you buy between 1/1/21 and 12/31/21

• Total voters

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
141 guitars reported as of 10am central on day two of the poll.
Up to 61 members reporting positive figures (though some are double entries by the same member if that member purchsed more than 15 and therefore had to post twice)

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I bought 8 , and gave two away to some kids starting out, setup and resold three for beginners (zero profit) and kept three.
Thats great to hear. Way to go. Who knows how much joy you just made available to those other people.
So thats a five and a three in the poll AND a warm tingly feeling deep down inside.

toddfan

Country Gent
Mar 12, 2012
Kansas
No place for my response in the poll....I didn't buy any guitars last year. The last guitar I bought (if I recall correctly) was a Taylor 12 string acoustic sometime in 2019.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
Ok this is real science here. Don’t know what it’s going to tell us except that we are keen on guitars. For this to work you need to enter the total number of guitar purchases. In the event of a guitar purchased and then returned to the vendor for refund that’s a net zero. Guitar purchased, returned and exchanged for another that’s a ONE, not a two. But if you bought one, then SOLD it and bought something you liked more that’s obviously TWO. If you bought it in December but didn’t receive it in 2021 that still counts as a 2021 purchase. If you bought more than 5 just enter two figures in the poll, eg 8 = 5 AND 3.
If you bought more than 9 just post 5 and 4 and then post again…..and then get some counseling.
This might be an eye opener.

M,

Down for six, voted twice.

BIB

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
149 guitars from 65 or less members as of daybreak on the 4th january. And lots of members reporting a zero
Thats actually less extreme than i would have thought.
But its not an exact science. We are still analysing the data using advanced measurement tools and cross referencing with our database of entirely random personal biases.

Sid Nitzerglobin

Country Gent
Jun 8, 2015
fROMOHIO
Sorry, is this a balance question (ie: 2 out, 3 in=1 for the poll answer) or just gross new guitars? I was on the negative for last year if we're talking net...

telemnemonics

Gretschie
Apr 12, 2020
Maine
I haven't technically bought "a guitar" since 2019 but in '21 I bought three necks, one body, several sets of tuners and a few pickups & small parts.
So I figured four halves makes two?
Last year was kind of a blur too so there's that...

telemnemonics

Gretschie
Apr 12, 2020
Maine
The most recent buys are a ship of Theseus guitar but the old discarded parts will be reborn soon.
This got the new neck in Oct and the new body arrived in time for Christmas but I need to finish the custom routing.
Body custom made drilled for a vintage three saddle Tele bridge and will either get a cut down/ half bridge or I will fabricate a bridge plate from aluminum.
Either way it will get the TVJ and the same custom single Filtertron guard or I may rout a new guard in white depending on the undetermined body color.

964E68E5-9FD4-424C-8A6B-AE231BD85C77.jpeg D52AEAEC-5FEF-482E-9A8C-F8F2D7C6AD9D.jpeg

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I haven't technically bought "a guitar" since 2019 but in '21 I bought three necks, one body, several sets of tuners and a few pickups & small parts.
So I figured four halves makes two?
Last year was kind of a blur too so there's that...
Yeah, goodness me, you are outside of the box to be sure. I’d say you are an outlier…. But probably not to your face. Im really non confrontational. Id say thats a solid “1” because you bought enough gear to make one guitar and the other bits are components to start or complete other projects.
So to keep the science straight its a “1” in my opinion.

telemnemonics

Gretschie
Apr 12, 2020
Maine
Yeah, goodness me, you are outside of the box to be sure. I’d say you are an outlier…. But probably not to your face. Im really non confrontational. Id say thats a solid “1” because you bought enough gear to make one guitar and the other bits are components to start or complete other projects.
So to keep the science straight its a “1” in my opinion.

Yeah that's fair it's one with the potential for another that doesn't yet exist.
For ease of storage, many of my "guitars" are taken apart, and the 20 or so strung up could be more like 30 if all got put back together.
There's also a fretless bass build that so far has some maple, some ebony, and a router sled project preceding the milling of the lumber.
Funny, I'd love to buy a fretless bass and shopped for them but didn't see anything quite right.

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
How many guitars did we buy between us in 2021?
For me, it is 2 :

One restoration :
aJsHMb-P1130415.jpg

One new :
fN79Mb-P1130247.jpg

A+!
I just notice that they don't have a lefty truss rod cover! Gotta admit, I'm a little surprized for Duesenberg. LoL.