How many guitars did we buy between us in 2021?

How many guitars did you buy between 1/1/21 and 12/31/21

• Total voters

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Remember folks we are counting distinct purchases, not net gain or loss. If you bought three and sold seven, thats still +3. They only dont count as purchased if you returned them to the seller for a refund.

77 so far as of 11.50am central time

Last edited:

Xochi2

Gretschie
Oct 5, 2020
Wisconsin
Ok this is real science here. Don’t know what it’s going to tell us except that we are keen on guitars. For this to work you need to enter the total number of guitar purchases. In the event of a guitar purchased and then returned to the vendor for refund that’s a net zero. Guitar purchased, returned and exchanged for another that’s a ONE, not a two. But if you bought one, then SOLD it and bought something you liked more that’s obviously TWO. If you bought it in December but didn’t receive it in 2021 that still counts as a 2021 purchase. If you bought more than 5 just enter two figures in the poll, eg 8 = 5 AND 3.
If you bought more than 9 just post 5 and 4 and then post again…..and then get some counseling.
This might be an eye opener.

"...post again…..and then get some counseling." Hahaha! Good one!

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I acquired 5 guitars - 2 were refinished/rebuilt vintage guitar husks, 3 were partscasters. So, I didn't actually buy a guitar from a store or online.
Well i reckon thats 5 unless you built the partscasters out of junk you found in a cupboard and found the refinished ones in a landfill! I’d go with 5 but use your good doctorial discretion and do what seems right. This is more complicated than i thought. What should we do if someone borrowed one from a friend and hasnt given it back yet?
Perhaps i needed a real scientist to help me set this up. Science! I was hoping to come up with predictive models of behaviour based on median age, number of messages posted and guitar to jackplate ratio!

sgarnett

Synchromatic
Apr 14, 2020
Kentucky
Remember folks we are counting distinct purchases, not net gain or loss. If you bought three and sold seven, thats still +3. They only dont count as purchased if you returned them to the seller for a refund.

77 so far as of 11.50am central time
Ok, so I traded for two new guitars, but didn’t purchase any.

drmilktruck

I Bleed Orange
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Well i reckon thats 5 unless you built the partscasters out of junk you found in a cupboard and found the refinished ones in a landfill! I’d go with 5 but use your good doctorial discretion and do what seems right. This is more complicated than i thought. What should we do if someone borrowed one from a friend and hasnt given it back yet?
Perhaps i needed a real scientist to help me set this up. Science! I was hoping to come up with predictive models of behaviour based on median age, number of messages posted and guitar to jackplate ratio!

yes, they definitely count as guitars I acquired. That’s what I chose in the poll.

(I also sold or donated at least 8-10 guitars, but they were from previous years.)

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Lets say 9 because no one is gonna believe 8 and 11 is almost one a month and im pretty sure you went quiet for a bit last year!

Okay okay, you made me go physically count. It was 10 on the button. Lol

And just cause I go dark doesn’t mean I stop buying guitars. That’d be crazy. Also, I don’t post every guitar here that I buy. ;)

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Feb 13, 2012
France
How many guitars did we buy between us in 2021?
For me, it is 2 :

One restoration :
aJsHMb-P1130415.jpg

One new :
fN79Mb-P1130247.jpg

A+!