How many guitars did we buy between us in 2021?

How many guitars did you buy between 1/1/21 and 12/31/21

• Total voters

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Ok this is real science here. Don’t know what it’s going to tell us except that we are keen on guitars. For this to work you need to enter the total number of guitar purchases. In the event of a guitar purchased and then returned to the vendor for refund that’s a net zero. Guitar purchased, returned and exchanged for another that’s a ONE, not a two. But if you bought one, then SOLD it and bought something you liked more that’s obviously TWO. If you bought it in December but didn’t receive it in 2021 that still counts as a 2021 purchase. If you bought more than 5 just enter two figures in the poll, eg 8 = 5 AND 3.
If you bought more than 9 just post 5 and 4 and then post again…..and then get some counseling.
This might be an eye opener.

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
Oh, and no need to list ‘em here because there’s sure to be a “gear of the year” post along soon. In fact no need to post anything at all except the poll entry or clarification questions. Let’s let the numbers speak for themselves.

rot hodder

Electromatic
Feb 6, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Went a bit overboard this year given it's taken me 40years to accumulate three guitars.
Added an Aerodyne Strat to replace my near 40yo Fujigen version that has reached the end of its service life. An EVH Wolfgang Standard arrived in May. Have an LP Modern on order to beat the price rise and was due to arrive in December 2021. In the interim couldn't help myself and purchased an Epi Explorer mid December.
Built a DIY P Bass mid year as a lock down project. 2022 should be fairly quiet.

Last edited:

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
I bought one early last year and that’s it, but I would have loved to buy a Duo Jet if something affordable would have surfaced on the aftermarket.
The truth is that I don’t feel the real need of a new guitar anymore. I think (not 100% sure ;) ) I’m done touring because of this pandemic situation, so what would ever make me feel the need of a new axe for? Yes, I’m still a guitarholic (spent most of my time on the net scrolling guitar websites) but when it comes to pull the trigger, I always ask myself “what for?”. I still write music for somebody else, but I don’t need new guitars for that.
I bought a spinet piano and a stage piano instead. Does that count?:)

JeffreyLeePierre

Country Gent
Went a bit overboard this year given it's taken me 40years to accumulate three guitars.
Added an Aerodyne Strat to replace my near 40yo Fujigen version that has reached the end of its service life. An EVH Wolfgang Standard arrived in May. Have an LP Modern on order to beat the price rise and was due to arrive in December 2020. In the interim couldn't help myself and purchased an Epi Explorer mid December.
Built a DIY P Bass mid year as a lock down project. 2022 should be fairly quiet.
From time to time I have that kind of feeling too. For the first 50 years, I never had more than 2 guitars at home. Then I bought my first Gretsch in 2018 and that started a series of 4 in 4 years. Now I have 6 guitars at home (incl. 3 Gretsch) and troubles with the wife.

I wonder if that's some weird type of midlife crisis :D

GenghisBomb

Electromatic
Sep 26, 2021
Canada
I entered five, but I am not sure if all of mine qualify. I put an Epiphone Les Paul Classic on layaway at the start of Jan 2021, paid that off later in the year. I bought a Squier Tele that I sold, bought a Fender Strat that I paid off in 2021, a Gretsch Streamliner P90, and put a Squier Jazzmaster on layaway right before Christmas. So I guess it should actually be four?

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I entered five, but I am not sure if all of mine qualify. I put an Epiphone Les Paul Classic on layaway at the start of Jan 2021, paid that off later in the year. I bought a Squier Tele that I sold, bought a Fender Strat that I paid off in 2021, a Gretsch Streamliner P90, and put a Squier Jazzmaster on layaway right before Christmas. So I guess it should actually be four?
No, that’s five in my reckoning. A good, solid 5. Thanks for playing!

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I sold one and didn’t buy another to replace it. Does this start us off in the hole?
Ha ha! We are good just counting your contribution as Zero ( rather than -1), but you might have entered 2022 with an empty slot in your guitar stand or a vacant looking wall hanger perhaps?
Actually I’m just evening out after a big reduction from 13 to 7. My ‘accumulation years’ are behind me.

GenghisBomb

Electromatic
Sep 26, 2021
Canada
No, that’s five in my reckoning. A good, solid 5. Thanks for playing!
No problem! 2021 was the year I came back to playing seriously, tho admittedly, I play mainly acoustic guitar for now (still setting up a "music room" for my electrics and amp). I am eyeing making a higher end purchase in the Spring, to have something to save/work towards over the winter, and to distract from the COVID hysteria. I am eyeing either a Player Plus Telecaster, or a lower tier Gibson, maybe a LP Special or a LP Standard.

Trash Kidd

Country Gent
Dec 14, 2015
London U.K.
I bought 2 guitars in 2021…

First up was the Orange 2020 G5420T fitted with TV Jones Classics..

Great sounding & playing guitar but never quite bonded with it.. My White Falcon being my Number 1 the 5420 just didn’t get played enough. I’ve also got so used to the longer scale of a Falcon that any other guitar I pick up now feels tiny!
So I decided to sell the 5420, got back exactly what I paid for it & the sale went to part funding my beautiful 2011 G6136T SL Silver Falcon which I’m loving & can’t put down at the moment.. 3DEAD3EB-7852-4A55-95F2-F88D177A951B.jpeg

Highroller

Country Gent
Jun 11, 2015
Portland, OR
Looks like Mr Swisher had a VERY good year! Congratulations!

Plenty of years where I don't buy anything, but 2021 was pretty good with three. One in February, one in June, and one right at the end in December.

Spaced out pretty evenly really, almost one every six months. Not so bad. Let's see if I keep that up thru 2022!

mbkri

Country Gent
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
And if im not mistaken that Iconic was probably the last one of the year on the whole Forum! What a year. So did you have to do the poll twice to add 10 to our tally? Im assuming the system allows you to vote more than once. I couldnt think of a better way to set it up so we could get an accurate tally.
At last count i have a total of 45…. And you account for 22% of them!

Mr Swisher

Country Gent
Jun 12, 2012
England
And if im not mistaken that Iconic was probably the last one of the year on the whole Forum! What a year. So did you have to do the poll twice to add 10 to our tally? Im assuming the system allows you to vote more than once. I couldnt think of a better way to set it up so we could get an accurate tally.
At last count i have a total of 45…. And you account for 22% of them!

I ended up voting 3 times. And although all of those guitars came in... they do not all remain...and the Iconic will not be either.

But it's been fun.. and frustrating. Although the Iconic will be exchanged for something else I'm not buying any in 2022. I need to start living again as things open up.

sgarnett

Synchromatic
Apr 14, 2020
Kentucky
I didn’t buy any! I did trade for two from GC this year, for a net reduction in (peg)head count and cubic feet. I don’t see a checkbox for that ….

I’m renovating my house and don’t have room.

Last edited: