Hospital

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by wabash slim, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Johnny ray

Johnny ray Electromatic

Jun 29, 2018
    Indiana
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it's tough but be thankful that you still have her and she'll be alright. I lost my wife to cancer a little over a year ago and I was devastated. Be strong for her, you are both in my prayers. God bless!

mrfixitmi, Thass, capnhiho and 3 others like this.
  2. LewinPA

LewinPA Electromatic

Jan 19, 2016
    King of Prussia
    I’m extremely sorry to hear this!!!! Take care of yourself so you can be in top physical and mental health to take care of her. Please keep us updated. If you need somebody to talk to, let us all know!!! Keep the faith.

mrfixitmi, capnhiho and wabash slim like this.
  3. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I've gotta joke or else I'd be screaming!

Bertotti likes this.
  4. Black Prince

Black Prince Electromatic

Dec 28, 2017
    Australia
    A warm hug from Australia,
    Well mate it's just these trying times that make the journey through life a bumpy ride or in the guitar world break a string in the middle of a song, hang in there mate.
    I have been down that bumpy road 2 Christmas's ago wife 3 months on couch with broken ankle (screws and plate).
    I became the kitchen *****, laundry *****, you name it, but then we do it for the little women don't we.
    If I can help with $100 it"s there, I don't have much but it's yours if it helps.
    Cheers
    Aussie bloke.

mrfixitmi, capnhiho and wabash slim like this.
  5. KdoubleU

KdoubleU Electromatic

May 4, 2018
    California

wabash slim likes this.
  6. KdoubleU

KdoubleU Electromatic

May 4, 2018
    California
    I am amazed at how many caring people there are in this cyber guitar world, maybe it’s not just us, but anyway I want to send out a “ I hear you and I hope and pray for your strength and your wife’s healing”

wabash slim likes this.
  7. Bass guy

Bass guy Electromatic

Going to a hospital to visit my wife would be heart wrenching, and scary. Given you are able to reach out and express your thoughts on this forum, it shows that you are strong and courageous. Hang in there. We are thinking of you.

capnhiho and wabash slim like this.
  8. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Electromatic

Apr 20, 2017
    NJ
    Not a doctor but know neck injury is very serious. Hope hospital has Wuhan virus treatment isolated from others. Sending soft cords of caring music.

mrfixitmi and wabash slim like this.
  9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Thanks for the most generous offer, but we're doing OK. The virus nonsense isn't helping, tho.
    She got some screws in her two vertebrae. Hopefully they got them properly tightened. She's getting better day by day.
    Having to cover her stuff is new, but, we're handling it, tho not with her typical flair.

sgarnett and mrfixitmi like this.
  10. Olivia Anne

Olivia Anne Electromatic

Feb 8, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    So very sorry. Hope everything looks up soon. All my lovin, Olivia Anne

11. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Very sorry about your family's ordeal and sending wishes for a smooth and quick recovery for your wife. Glad to see that she is not confined in a quarantine hospital situation.

Re: Hospital bills. Check your insurance policies. You should be able to get a good idea of charges that you will end up paying. For your instance you may be OK with Medicare depending on which "med sup" plan you have. I was hospitalized 3 years ago -- 0ne night and a ton of tests. With Medicare Supplemental Plan N, all charges were covered. For your wife, her insurance plan should spell out copays etc. for which you are liable.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  12. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Well, howdy! Welcome to the madhouse!
    Glad you joined us!
    Thanks for the kind thoughts. MaryKay's doing better day by day. It'll be a long process, but we'll get thru it.
    I was hospitalized in February for a week with double pneumonia (virus? Who knows?) I'm doing much better now, and thankfully the Medicare and supplemental ins. is covering the lion's share of the bill. My wife had the expensive van ride---5 miles, $5K. I suspect I was in the wrong racket. We wouldn't have these outrageous bills if we weren't paying 8 figures for hospital, insurance, and pharma CEOs. Just leeches on society.
    Luckily my wife has insurance thru work, and works for a great local company. We'll be OK.

13. senojnad

senojnad Synchromatic

Jul 13, 2008
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    BILLS -- I hear you! For my stay in 2017 -- about 26 hours -- the total bill was over $51,000!!! Most of it, of course, was a write-off and the balance was paid by my med sup plan. I sometimes think that tax write-offs are a key component of the medical "business"........

14. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Gouging is the other key component. The medical leeches (not the doctors or nurses, but the admins and CEOs) figure either insurance or the government is paying the bills, so, raise the prices to whatever the market will bear. Socialized medicine makes more sense all of the time. Our health care is fine. The health care "industry" isn't.

dougmon likes this.
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yes and insane administrative costs. I see what my chiropractor and some of the docs have for paperwork not to mention all the red tape for billing which bogs it all down. Needlessly involved and complicated cost a fortune as well.

wabash slim likes this.
  16. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Mainstream medicine doesn't like chiro too much. Probably because it works. My Doc is a Palmer school guy. If you need chiro, Palmer School is what you want. In my case, even an orthopedic surgeon said if chiro works, fine. It was a whole lot cheaper than back surgery and hospitalization.

In the last 10-15 years, one "entity" has bought up 2/3 of the state's hospitals, and another seems to have gotten the rest. I do wonder where the money for all of those purchases came from. They built large new hospitals as well, and closed up the old ones. So it goes.

17. DeBo

DeBo Electromatic

Oct 25, 2019
    Brownsburg, Indiana

18. DeBo

DeBo Electromatic

Oct 25, 2019
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Take heart Slim. I just read your post. My heart goes out to you and your wife. I too have been married for what will be 40 years in December. She is way to good for me too. I can only imagine what you're going through. And on top of that having to deal with all of this now with the pandemic and restrictions. I'm sure she is in good hands and will be well taken care of. God promises he will Never leave not forsake us. Sometimes it's hard to see that and we don't understand His plan. Isaiah 40:31 says "
    but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Rely on Him stay strong and know we are praying for you and your lovely wife.

MTurner, capnhiho and wabash slim like this.
  19. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Howdy, neighbor! Welcome to the funhouse!!
    Brownsburg, eh? Just down the road apiece.
    She's doing better every day. We're most thankful that it wasn't any worse. Thanks for your prayers.

20. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I grew up 30 miles from Davenport. Palmer chiropractic collage. The table that clunks during the adjustments was designed and made by the grand father of a kids I went to school with. My PhD has his own Chiro. Hahaha

wabash slim likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.