Hospital

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by wabash slim, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    So very sorry. Stay strong

wabash slim likes this.
  2. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Prayers sent
    Glad it wasn't worse!

wabash slim likes this.
  3. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Glad to hear she's safe and outside hospital, wish your Lady quick recovery.

Wow wow wow, starts reading like "eat my own..." such as in Man vs Wild. Pfewww.
    Might be much worse ;)
    :D

wabash slim likes this.
  4. Beardog

Beardog Country Gent

Apr 15, 2018
    Nova Scotia
    Good to hear she is heading home, sending positive thoughts your way.

wabash slim likes this.
  5. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Yeah, you have to read the whole sentence.
    I refuse to watch those types of shows. I don't watch cooking shows either. "Surreality" shows are pointless. They're often scripted and not worth the waste of my time. SpongeBob makes more sense.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Biggest problem with eating my own cooking, is that by the time I'm done cooking, I don't want to eat anymore. I do make a pretty good tater salad, tho. I'm really adept at bologna sammiches and cereal.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  6. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

I'm an acceptable cook, doing most of the cooking at home (let's name it "modern urban husband"). Right now the Chili con carne for this evening is just starting to boil. Of course, there's much too much, then that will be for another day in the week too. And these days I have lots of time to do the cooking.
    We really will go out of the quarantine fatter than when it started :D

blueruins likes this.
  7. Cassotto

Cassotto Gretschie

Jun 16, 2019
    Spain
    I've been off the net for one day, and I'm glad to read such good news so soon. MaryKay is lucky to have that sister with whom she can stay and recover. In that way, she'll be able to allow others to take care of her, instead of worrying about how well or badly you can cook. I mean, she'll still worry about it, but she won't be there to help with the cooking or any other house chore that needs to be done, therefore running the risk of hindering her progress. If you don't do it as well as she'd like, at least she won't see it! And maybe this is the time to learn to cook something she really likes, so you can give her an agreeable surprise when she returns, allowing her to have her favourite dinner without having to cook it. Your daughter and you will have time to eat all the horrors you prepare until you learn to do it properly. It's not going to kill you, and in that way MaryKay won't see all the failures, only the good results at the end. It's very often that we don't learn to do these things until we have no other choice... And then we find out it wasn't that difficult after all!

I won't stop praying for her full recovery until you confirm it's all over! Best of lucks!

MTurner, manunk and Tony65x55 like this.
  8. Gretschtim1

Gretschtim1 Country Gent

Dec 4, 2012
    Dundalk, Md
    I just said a prayer for her. I've been in the hospital for a few days with dehydration from a stomach virus so I missed the bad then good news. I will continue to pray and wish both of you well.

MTurner, blueruins and wabash slim like this.
  9. RocknRollShakeUp

RocknRollShakeUp Synchromatic

Jun 20, 2017
    USA
    Godspeed and a quick recovery!

wabash slim likes this.
  10. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I was working hard to drop weight then this time off happened. I hopped on the scale three days ago and I am up almost ten pounds so back to keto I will go. I should have @wabash slim come cook for us it sounds like we could all lose some weight then! Since the scale fiasco, I have been walking 4 miles a day except yesterday with rain and snow. Next week I start running.

I bet your wife would love some of your cooking now @wabash slim! Or maybe not? Prayers for a quick and speedy recovery!

wabash slim likes this.
  11. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Thankfully, my daughter's a pretty good cook.
    MaryKay's doing better today. Recovery will be slow and painful, but, she'll recover.

I've always walked a lot. Paper route as a kid, military, and as a stagehand, I'd often spend up to 18 hours a day on my feet, carrying things, climbing ladders, and pushing road cases around. It was 83 steps from the main floor to the projection boot, and another 13 to the attic. 250' from the front edge of the stage to the front of house, and 85' from the front of the stage to the upstage wall. 100' proscenium opening, and 30' each side past that, and 92' to the grid. We had to cover a lot of area on a daily basis, sometimes for weeks on end. We called it the Big House for a reason.
    For giggles, I'd go do trails at the nearby state parks with the dog. Little wonder my knees and lower back are an arthritis playground. The COPD on top of it all just makes it worse.

As you get some real snow there, just cut your mileage in half as you're wearing boots and trudging thru the white stuff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I mentioned to MaryKay how many prayers and wishes she's gotten from you guys, as well as from her church, sorority, and folks at her work. She sends her heartfelt thanks, and wishes all of you well in return. I thank you as well myself.
    Gary

12. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    No snow stuck has to be in the 50’s today. My goal is ten miles today. Probably get half as I’m taping and mudding sheet rock repairs as well. I forgot how tiring it is to work above your head for hours on end.

wabash slim likes this.
  13. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That whole process is a PITA! Starting with the sheet rock two step, hanging it, tape and mud, and then the eternal sanding party! What fun!

Bertotti likes this.
  14. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Are you working on any projects before your wife gets home?

15. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm 70 with COPD and arthritis.. I retired in 2011.
    Only projects I'm involved with are grandkids.
    Besides, you couldn't come up with enough money to get me to do drywall.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    pilgrim, pmac11 and Bertotti like this.
  16. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    A was going to offer you a buck seventy five. We’re talking serious money here.

I’m going to miss your old avatar, but Gomez Adams is almost as good as Dr. Zoidberg. .

wabash slim and pmac11 like this.
  17. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I was looking for a good Wizard of Oz/Professor Marvel photo, but there weren't any I liked. I was "that man behind the curtain" for most all of my adult life, so The Wizard is most apropos. He is the patron saint of stagehands.
    Gomez is someone I've always admired, tho. Him and Groucho. I figured it was time for a change from Futurama. Astin was just as wacky on Night Court---"...but I'm much better now."

I should also probably change my handle from "Slim". I haven't really been slim in a decade. Inhaled steroids and inactivity have helped me to add a few pounds.

sgarnett, drmilktruck and blueruins like this.
  18. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8370103_f520.jpg

wabash slim likes this.
  19. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Tony65x55 and Bertotti like this.
  20. manunk

manunk Gretschie

Fry up that baloney and mix chunks into your tater salad. Mix up some cold mashed baloney into the mix. Bet the grandkids like it, until Grandma gets home and blesses you all by her presence. God be with you.

new6659 and wabash slim like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.